I’ve been having chest pain and some bad sensation in the lung. It started few days ago. This is the first time I am experiencing something like this and I am confused. I guess that is ulcer, but the thing that it’s last for more than day worries me. Can an ulcer give you a bad lung and chest pain? I would like to hear something about it if anyone knows.

When ulcer is the cause the pain is in the upper abdomen, usually triggered by eating. Ulcer is an erosion of the lining of the stomach or duodenum, the first part of the small intestine and it can result from heavy alcohol consumption, or chronic use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents and pain medications, such as ibuprofen and naproxen sodium, but also without a clear cause. I am to a doctor but it sound to me like you are having pneumonia. It is an infection that develops in the lungs that it can lead to inflammation of the lung tissue pleuritis. Both conditions can cause chest pains and are often made worse by deep breaths or coughing.

I have been suffering with chest pain for 3 months now I have made several trips to the emergency room thinking I was having a heart attack. I just recently discovered that I have an ulcer in my stomach. they have ruled out anything to do with my heart so I am under the assumption that my chest pain is caused by my ulcer because I have no pain or discomfort in my stomach it is all perceived in my chest. So my reply would be yes it can cause chest pain but chest pain is nothing to be taken lightly so if you haven't consulted your physician I would recommend making a trip to see him\her.

So how is your chest pain now that you have seen your doctor?

I have been experiencing the exact same thing in my right lung for the last 30 days. It felt like squeezing, pressure, heaviness, tightness, in my chest. I began to get worried because each day the pain would get worse. I went to the doctor today. I had a EKG. Bloodwork and a chest X-ray. The doctor gave me 10 mls of GI Cocktail (had mylanta, donnatol, & lidocaine). Within 5-7 minutes the pain was easing. I couldn’t believe it. It never went away but did get better. So now the doctor is running more test to check for a ulcer.