Hello. I know you posted this over a year ago.. but I hope you'll reply to my comment. I have been feeling like I can't breathe 24/7 for almost 2 months now and it's torture! Right when the whole feeling of suffocation started happening it was right after I got exposed to mold and I also had a panick attack that same night. I'm really not sure if this is anxiety cause I do have really bad anxiety or if this is mold poisoning. I'm about to get some blood work done to see if they can see what's wrong but if it's anxiety thru won't see anything. I've been to the ER 3 times and everytime they say it's anxiety. But it's 24/7. This is torture and I feel like I'm suffocating ALL THE TIME sometimes I just wish I'd die cause the discomfort is so bad. Idk if this is anxiety but it sounds like others have had these symptoms and I guess this caluld be. Eithet way, if it's mold or really bad anxiety, I need it to go away. I just wanna know if anyone has gotten better and how you got better. Thanks

Sorry to read about your anxiety. I have had recurring periods of breathlessness the majority of which I have attributed to anxiety. I was concerned that I was not getting enough oxygen and I let this eat away at me for months maybe years. However, recently I purchased an Oximeter, very inexpensive, which measures the oxygen content in your blood along with your pulse. Best thing I ever did. Now when I think I am experiencing a lack of oxygen, I can just put my finger into this fingertip monitor and what I find is that my oxygen level is perfectly normal. So, I realize i'm neurotic, big deal, that I can live with. The feedback instantly allows me to control my breathing. Please give it a try. If your oxygen content is low you may have a physical problem. On the other hand, if it's normal you are on your way to conquering your breathlessness and working on your understanding of your anxiety. Best wishes.

I've had this feeling of not being able to breathe 24/7 for over a year now. Been told its anxiety as tests shown nothing wrong. Most nights I jerk awake gasping for breath then can't sleep again. I have suffered from anxiety for about 25 years. Any advice would be appreciated

Hi, did your shortness of breath go away when you took the Zoloft?

How are you now? Is your breathing better because of the Zoloft?

Hi, how are you feeling now. I have similar had similar symptoms for last 3 months and i am just 37. It sounds scary when i think about my future.

this is an old post , but sounds like anxiety to me. I have Irritable bowl and sh*t acid when i am stressed so i understand it sucks. I would not recommend Xanax, however because of its possibly addictive nature and cognitive dampening effects. I am NOT a doctor, but when i get stressed i smoke a little marijuana and my stomach pain goes away. I am hard pressed to try this with my recent shortness of breath due to the fact that it is a smoke and it might make things worse. Not to mention the fact that you had sleeplessness, and that is also fixed with marijuana. It is not legal in half the states still. So, if the problem is bad i would move to a medically legal state and pursue that. I would say it might improve life a lot more. This also comes with a risk of paranoia because marijuana is a psycho-active. All i'm saying is it might be worth looking into and you do not have to smoke it, the make edibles, patches, etc..