Can you please advise if HPV (warts) can cause a strong vaginal odor?

Health Advisor
Yes, it can. Some people infected with HPV do have vaginal odor as a symptom. This is probably because the virus is interfering with the bacteria that normally live inside vagina and cause other harmful bacteria to appear causing vaginosis and accompanied odor.

Some people infected with the virus do complain of vaginal odor. The virus may interfere with the normal bacteria that live in the vagina and provide an environment for other bacterial types which cause the odor, and may also lead to being more susceptible to recurrent yeast infections.

i have had hpv still in process of finishing the leap
now i have a strong smell that i can smell threw my jeans i have no std's what can i do to get back to normal here?? please help

45 :-( genital warts suck, i get them on and off all the time. http://www.foxtreatments.info/hpv helps clear them up but they keep coming back.

I think so.  Vaginal odor is usually a symptom of STDs and genital warts is a sexually transmitted disease.  If you have genital warts, you have to get treatment immediately.  It doesn't matter if you undergo a medical procedure (surgery, cryotherapy, etc) or you resolve the problem with over the counter treatments (Wartscide, etc).  While some genital warts go away on their own, more often than not, they need to be treated.  They may multiply if left untreated.  Keep in mind though that as long as you have HPV in your system, the warts can come back.

codyjames14 wrote:

Yes indeed and in fact if you got diabetes & been without sex for sometime your still able to get it if you dont get your diabetes in check..I should know I have genital warts & as we speak the stench is so strong its making me lose my appetite at times. Yes I agree with the others on here as well. just make sure you do what your doctor tells you to do. & abstain from sex so your able to heal as well. its a life changing thing to have this issue & live with it forever. I have had it for at least 6 years. I am all for support groups & trying to make my life better knowing its one day at a time..

So what can one do stop the smell

this is to CODY JIMES 14 over a year ago.... I THINK YOU NEED TO ASK A DR .. NOT SOME OFF THE STREET DR .. OR SOME HOMEBODY DR ..GO TO A REAL DR .. GOOD LUCK IN FINEDING OUT WATE IS WRONG WITH YOU I HOPE ALL TURNS OUT OK

I am going treatment in hospital for genetal warts.the Dr gives me Aldara gel and the warts became worse. Please help

Look up a natural herbal supplement it's called neen or neem... Can't remember exactly at this moment. It's on Amazon.

****... Illiterate ass

Use Coconut oil

Use coconut oil... look it up

Use coconut oil

Hi, i've found vaginally inserting a vitamin c-1000mg with rose hips tablet, each night, takes away the strong odor for the next day. This has been the only thing to help me. hope it works for you too !