A z-pack is a specific dosage formulation of azithromycin. Azithromycin is an antibiotic, but it is not penicillin. Mononucleosis is is a viral infection, and it is not treated with azithromycin, penicillin, or any other antibiotic. Antibiotics are not used to treat viral infections, although sometimes patients who have mono develop secondary bacterial infections that their doctor may decide to treat with an antibiotic, or not, depending on the type of infection. Steroids are not prescribed for pain. If you are not a physician, it is probably unwise to give medical information to someone who is ill.

My daughter had mono when she was a senior in high school in 2007. She was hospitalized for a week and missed a month of school and months of soccer. She felt sick yesterday and ended up in the er last night with 104.5 fever. Shocked to hear she has mono again! Doctor said you can definitely get mono again and this is 6 years later! Symptoms are as bad as before. High fever, chills, nauseousness, sore throat, headached, body pain. Never expected to go through this again!

I first had mono at age 19 now I'm 49 and have had it four times that I can recall, but it effects your life for sure. It effects your stamina and how you schedule what you do. I have had frequent UTI's some of which have gone undetected for a bit, that has really effected my low immune system.
It's gets to be a matter of figuring out how to boost your immune system yourself, my Drs have helped only in the event I get an infection which you must get meds promptly.
The best product I have used recently is Airborne, you make it like a tea etc. if you don't have that, massive doses of Vitamin C will help. Learn to pace yourself and rest when you're tired. Be careful taking allergy meds long term, they really drains your immune system.
Faith in God has helped tremendously. You learn to rely on Him when you repeatedly feel so weak and sick. Many years while dealing with this , I raised two girls. You figure out real fast that you can't keep up with others, so stop worrying about that. Do what you can and realize you're here on earth for a specific reason. You can't do everything.
Be patient with yourself, being stressed out only makes this worse.

you can absolutely get mono twice. I am currently dealing with my second round of mono.
age-26.

Wrong, i now i have it for the 5th time. Starting at 14 now in mid 40s. Research before answering. And yes all mine were positive blood mono tests.

My sister just got diagnosed twice for mono. So it is possible