Good day guys. I have a few questions for you. I have some stomach issues lately. I went to see my doctor and he prescribed me Omeprazole, just like I expected.  But since I have problems with my heart as well I am using Clopidogrel as well to prevent potential heart attack. Now I am really concerned because I don’t have a clue can I use those two medicines together? So, my question is – can I take omeprazole and clopidogrel together?

If I use them together can I expect to have some side – effects or I should consult my doctor? What do you think?

Hey La Yl La, how are you?

There is always a question should we use two medications at the same time. The answer is – it depends.

I was reading that new data shows that when omeprazole and clopidogrel are taken together the effectiveness of clopidogrel is reduced. Patients who have risk of heart attacks and who use clopidogrel to prevent possible blood clots will not get the full effect of this medicine if they take omeprazole as well.

I suggest you to visit your doctor and tell him that you find those information. I am sure that he is going to find the solution.

Hey there darling.

Well no, my answer is definitely no. You should not use those two medicines together. They don’t have the same effect when they are combined as they do have when you use them apart. I remember that my aunt was using those two medicines together for a two months and she didn’t feel healthy at all. So she went to see the doctor and he asked her does she using any medicines.

When she told this to him, he was surprised because she didn’t consult him.

So please go and visit your doctor for some other solution.

My sister used both of these meds. She was prescribed to take Omeprazole at first by her doctor. Later on, she moved for a coupe of months and had to see a doctor there. She was then advised to start taking Clopidogrel by this other doctor. Of course she forgot to tell him that she had already been using Omeprazole. I remember she used both of these for several days and then she remembered to call her doctor and ask him about your question. She was told not to take these two together, he said that their effects interfere with each other.

Hey everyone guys,

I really do know a lot of people who were using Omeprazole and Clopidogrel together. I know that many of them had some negative side – effects such as vomiting, diarrhea, stomach issues, etc but the bad thing is that those two medicines do not work together. They just can’t work together because both of those medications are very powerful and when they are used together, one of medicine cancels the effect of the other one. So basically if you are using them together you are using them for nothing. They don’t have any effect and I know that you should consult your doctor.

Wow I just ran into this topic by accident and since I am familiar with these meds I thought I should check it out.
And luckily I did. I had no idea that these meds shouldn’t be used together. I was using Clopidogrel and it was very good for me, I just loved the effects that it had on me.
And about a month ago I was taking with this woman who works in the same building as I. She was at that time taking Omeprazole and since we discussed our health conditions I advised her to start taking Clopidogel because it helped me so much. I hope she didn’t use both at the same time.

That’s the thing with medical advice. You should never advise people to try the meds that you tried because what may helped you a lot can seriously damage someone else’s health or in this case, it can interfere with the meds that they are already taking.

That’s why we have doctors.

I’ve had so many health problems and I think I’ve found good solutions for my problems so far, but you will never hear me suggesting people I know with the same problems to try doing what I did. Or if I do, I strongly recommend consulting with the doctor first.

Hey there people. It is not that good idea that you are seeking advice from us about this because you can’t never know what can happen to certain people and their medicines. I can’t tell you should you take those two together or not because I am not a doctor. All that I can do is to suggest you that you don’t do anything on your own responsibility without consulting your doctor. I don’t know anything about the history of your disease. I know what those medications are for, but it is a bit careless in this case to tell you what to do.

When you say 'together', do you mean 'at the same minute of the day? Or do you mean even 12 hours apart? I am confused.