Thank you for replying to this

I had the exact same thing! Only up the right side of my face. It's nearly 24hrs after the injections and I'm still sneezing and blowing my nose.

How long did it last?

Had front implant and immediately after started with this tickling sneezing running nostril. Dentist said allergies or cold which I knew it was somehow connected to nova Caine or laughing gas. Set up appt with ENT because it felt like the tickling was maybe something in there but took a Claritan which seemed to help a bit.

My dentist uses lidocaine, but here nor there, I doubt the drug itself is the cause of my discomfort. Rather, I'm convinced the complication is due to the administration of the drug (the injection).

Went to the dentist feeling fine yesterday. I was to have fillings on the back surfaces of four upper front teeth. I even joked with the dentist that he was going to stick needles up my nose, as I've had work done on front, top teeth, and the injections are painful. Never before have I had after effects, though, other than minor swelling and short-term soreness.

Yesterday was different. I was able to relax with the nitrous and slow breathing. Everything was going fine until the fourth injection. I felt an awful surge of pain and kind of winced, or groaned. The dentist didn't stop. He said, "You're doing great. We're almost done." At some point, I let out a couple of strange sounds through my nose which weren't sneezes, just involuntary sounds. Anyway, he completed the fillings, and I went home feeling fine. About an hour later, when the anesthesia wore off, I started to sneeze uncontrollably, and developed an awful pain around my left cheekbone and left temple, like the worst sinus infection I've ever had. My nose drips spontaneously if I am walking or sitting up. It's been over 24 hours now, and no improvement.

I called the dentist today and he was unavailable, but I explained to the front office lady what had happened. She tried to assure me that the injections wouldn't cause such symptoms, and asked if I'd been suffering with a cold beforehand. The dentist didn't call back, and all I can do to get any relief is lie down with a cold pack on my face. I have two social engagements this weekend, and will have to keep tissue or a handkerchief in my hand like Michael Corleone in the Godfather, as my nose drains without warning like a leaky faucet. My teeth that were filled feel fine, by the way.

Add me to the list... Plenty of experience with the dentist and this is a first for me. Upper tooth left side just below nose had a cavity filled Thursday 3pmish. Only one shot (lidocaine, perhaps, unsure) and like others described, it felt like I could feel the liquid shooting up the side of my nose just barely below the skin, intense need to sneeze while he was very slowly injecting. He stopped early, only gave me half what he intended. Luckily, it was plenty for him to do his work, but I had a constant tickle on that side of my nose until he was done. While waiting for a crown for an upper right molar to finish, I had a massive sneezing fit that brought one of the staff in to see if I was ok... hadn’t even started to un-numb yet. The numbness extended only slightly into my cheek but took over my entire nose, part of my left eye and eyebrow, part way up my forehead, and down my nasopharynx. The dripping started a couple of hours later but wasn’t significant until Friday morning - perhaps 8am or so.

Right side of my nose is fine, only the left is continually dripping, like water from a faucet. Slight tickle on the left side just below the bridge of my nose, often making me sneeze. It gets worse with any sweet/floral fragrance in the air, or with cool air. Same spot is also tender but massaging gently has helped ease the ache. Zyrtec, Allegra, other allergy meds do not help (haven’t tried Benadryl yet because I have none on hand). No relief for Sudafed or Sudafed-D or other products. No other symptoms for me, luckily. It is the wee hours of Saturday morning now and I’m only awake because of the constant tickle. I have allergies but they have never been like this.

For things that helped me... The tickle is lessened with unscented warm, humid air. Pressure point utilization for sinus issues has helped provide a reasonable amount of temporary relief, particularly the philtrum and under cheek points. Neosporin smeared along the inside of my nostril, applied with a cotton swab as far in as I dared did help - once I got past the initial sweetish scent of the ointment (my ENT had me do this treatment after a balloon sinuplasty, to help give me relief to significant nosebleeds I’d had for 25 years... it worked for that, too). The cotton swab will trigger sneezing. I have not tried a NetiPot yet but may before the night is over.

34 hours later, my symptoms are less than they were even 8 hours ago and I am hopeful by Sunday I’ll be back to normal. Good luck and hopefully this information helps the next one to suffer and find this post!

Wow! Same here -
Had dental injections yesterday morning right under my nose - upper Center gum. After numbness wore off, I had discomfort in my right nostril...
And a burning in nose -
Runny nose (slight), stuffy too.
Drinking lots of water on day 2 and hoping it goes away soon.

Hey everyone. I just had this happen to me and have saw nobody had came up with anything. I talked to my dentist. With him working cavities on the front of my mouth he explained he did what is called a block around my nose. That causes tenderness and itchy runny nose for a few days after. Finally. Answered.

Had a wisdom tooth removed yesterday, when I was injected, same thing, horrible electric type shock ran up my face. Within an hour, my eye was tearing, tickling in my nose along with sneezing and running, and I feel like I have a full blown cold. How long did it last????

Had a horrible “cold like” allergic reaction to Novicane today! Felt 100% healthy going in, after dental work, suffered all day! Sneezing, nasal drainage, headache, itchy eyes, etc.

I went in for the 2nd half of my periodontal cleaning earlier today (it's been about 9 hours). One of the injections on the right half (top) sent a burning sensation up my face, alongside my right nostril. ~Ladeeda oh well
WELL I am completely miserable w/a runny nose and a buzzing pain in the face.
I noticed bruising afterwards, some swelling. Bruise is gone, swelling isn't.
Called my hygienist dr lady and she just said something like, 'yeah that can happen, it will go away soon'. She expects it to be gone by tomorrow. After reading these posts, I doubt that it will.

I used a box of tissue, ran out and am now going through my toilet paper rolls (roll #3 now). I already know sleep is not gonna come easy, if at all.
Doc told me to call her if it's not gone tomorrow. OH, I will call her. I lost my job and am looking for work. I cannot afford this time lost, or the lost TP!

YES!!! Wow, you hit it right on the nose (pardon the pun) with something you mentioned....
Dear fellow whatever-this-mess-is sufferers,
I feel the need to share what I know.
GET A TUBE OF TRIPLE ANTIBIOTIC OINTMENT "PLUS PAIN RELIEF" (like "Neosporin Plus") and some cotton swabs. A couple important things here: First, I mean it about the OINTMENT, and not the "cream" option (the ointment stays put SO much better)! Second, don't even bother if it's not the formula including "pain relief" -- that's the component that helps quiet the stinging &/or itching -- it's a mild topical anesthetic. :) Finally, regarding application: careful how far up there you reach, of course, but BE GENEROUS. Seriously - cover that cotton tip all over & with a double-scoop-of-ice-cream-style glob! You're not breathing through that nostril anyway, right?? So, prep that swab, gather a couple others that are clean & dry, then grab some tissues and get ready to work REALLY fast now....
1) Blow your nose as best you can (like you're trying to make room)! 2) Follow quickly with the dry swab(s) to gently attempt clearing away any extra barriers of mucous that would remain between the ointment & your aggravated cave walls (you might need more than one dry swab, but remember to work fast & gently)! Also, try to clear a slightly wider area than what might feel like a very precise point of irritation for some of us -- those nerves can be real tricksters in there. 3) Hurry up & glob it up! Again, watch that reach, but get that wider coverage area, not forgetting all the funny angles & crevices in there. You're on a mission, friends: to glob, smear, turn, & twist around - from every possible angle - hunting down those elusive, angry spots! Finally, just for good measure, gently pinch your nostrils together - you'll immediately feel why. ;)
Okay. Now just one last word on this all: be patient, but not TOO patient. That is to say, as inexplicably maddening as this particular problem is, give it a few days to a week for things to simmer down. And the first few times you go through that absurdly complicated process above MAY not provide as much relief as you hope, nor for very long, depending on your personal face case. But trust me - it WILL start to work way better, as long as you keep on it & DON'T CAUSE YOURSELF MORE PROBLEMS by picking, scratching, or rubbing your poor little face-button into a frenzy! Just keep up on the gentle application process, which may be more frequent at first, and while your sanity hangs by a thread, (I hate to say this) try - just as best you can - to minimize your nose blows, as that can also do more harm by drying things out &/or sending away some of that precious ointment. ;) NOW, on the flip side, when I say you shouldn't be TOO patient, it's time to get serious... You should call your doctor if things just don't even start to improve, OR GET WORSE, after about 3 days. You should also seek IMMEDIATE care if you begin to experience the following symptoms, as they may be life-threatening or indicate some different but serious complications: a newly-developed fever over 101°f, vomiting/severe nausea that is not eased by taking your meds with/without foods OR prevents you from keeping liquids down, constant or suddenly frequent headaches, hearing/vision changes, worsening/severe pain, new areas of pain, new areas of tingling or numbness, trouble speaking or swallowing, extreme fatigue, neck stiffness, rash, severe diarrhea, feeling faint or dizzy, fainting, trouble breathing, chest pain, severe abdominal pain, sudden memory loss, severe nosebleeds, frequent nosebleeds that continue to occur several days after your procedure, ANY "strange sensations" that seem like air or liquids passing between your nose and the roof of your mouth, AS WELL AS anything else your oral surgeon discussed with you about your recovery, OR any other potentially frightening developments that I've not covered here!
Well that's it from me. :) Good luck & good night!