I am a 28-year-old male, smoking daily since I was 14. I think we are all forgetting that using cannabis consistently makes the body produce dopamine. And when we remove the cannabis the dopamine temporarily goes with it. Dopamine is the neurochemical associated with feeling energized, confident, and powerful. Your body is fighting to get back into homeostasis now that it doesn’t have that input. Give it a few weeks with some healthy food and exercise and you will better than ever!! Good luck! The first few days are the hardest

I hear what you are saying about, “wouldn’t it be nice to be able to use it without withdrawal” but the idea that you can “game” your usage so it’s okay to do, can be a slippery slope. I have used cannabis daily for over 14 years and many many times have deceived myself into thinking, “oh all I need to do is detox and I’ll have a better handle on this.”

Cannabis/Dopamine addiction is a serious thing and should be treated as such. I feel I’ve lost over half of my life to it. Keep your head up and good luck. Follow that little voice inside you.

Day 18 of quitting after 11 years of weed smoke and I’m experiencing the same the constantly tired can sleep all day long if I wanted

I am 36 years old and I started smoking marijuana when I was 16 and was an occasional user into my early twenties (several times a week). I quit smoking for about 10 years when I got married and had kids. 10 years later when going through a divorce I started smoking again to deal with the stress/anxiety, etc. and that turned into smoking heavily every day for 6 years. Six weeks ago, I smoked a bowl of some extremely potent stuff and got hit with the worst anxiety attack I've ever had in my life. I had been thinking about quitting already but that was it for me, I was done. Yesterday was six weeks sober and I have had a myriad of issues. (Is it just me or is there a lot of 6's in my post??)

Issues
1. Crazy, vivid dreams every night
2. Feeling high randomly at times during the day
3. Exhaustion and sleepiness. I have a desk job and I'm fighting to stay awake during work.
4. Anxiety
5. Lack of interest in anything, feeling bored all the time.

I am thankful for this blog and other's experience because I thought there was something seriously wrong with me, like maybe I have cancer or some sh*t. I try to stay active, I play softball 2 days a week and go to the gym 4-5 days a week plus I skateboard and bike ride, I eat lots of fruits/veggies and I'm drinking about a gallon of water a day. I am really looking forward to feeling normal again but I'm six weeks in and no luck yet.

Its normal. Your body is just balancing itself out. If you've been smoking everyday for years it might take a few weeks for your sober state to be the norm.

Odd question but how are things downstairs?

So get hooked on a pill? No thanks

There were a few times when I had trouble getting an erection during the first few weeks of quitting which was completely unlike me. I've never had that problem before in my life. Now a few weeks later, I'm back to normal in that area.

Hello I to have smoked on and off all my life and yes I have definitely had what your experiencing, but don't worry it does pass. Your body and mind needs time to adjust give it about two to three weeks and you'll be back to normal. I also had restless nights and sweats so these to are normal.

It's very crazy how similar your story is to mine. I smoked for years, and quit, and then started an Isagenix 30 day cleanse. I have never felt more exhausted in my life. It's as if I have been drugged. Does it get better?

Well, to be honest, it fcks up your stress levels. Please read into marihuana inhabiting you GABA neurotransmitters, causing your neurons to continually overfire. When you have a decreased GABA system (which is a direct result from THC), cortisol and other stress hormones can flourish in you brain, making you stressed, anxious, depressed etc, making us smoke the herb again to numb the negative feelings. After quitting, look into syntetic GABA supplementents to get the balance back up in your brain or get some Valerian, a natural GABA increaser, which also has very good benefits for insomnia. :) All the best to all! (I’m at day 12 after 10 years of true addiction now, god I’m so tired now..)

When I quit I had the same issue, I’m not sure why but it goes away about 1-2 weeks after it starts. It has something to do with your body getting more REM sleep than it’s used to. Just like how your body feels tired if you stay in bed all day it’s the same concept here, your getting so much REM sleep that when your body wakes up it just wants more because you missed out on so much REM when you were smoking. This also explains why your dreams might be super vivid after you quit too.

Dreamless sleep is an illusion of memory. - John Dunne

I'm 63 years old, been smoking cannabis since 16. I'm a professional, having written a number of books and such. Weed never slowed me down, although it did make me a bit reclusive.

I retired 8 months ago. Since then, I have been wake and baking every day, and smoking about an eight oz a week, or a bit more. I decided to challenge myself, and figured I would take a break for a few days or more. I have done this in the past. My dreams would come back in about 3 days.

Now when I stop for a short while, it takes about a week to start getting dreams again. Also, I never went through any withdrawal or bad moods until a couple of years ago, and it seemed to last for only for a day.

Yesterday was day three, and I was wondering why I was so exhausted, so I googled it and ended up here. The grouchiness started subsiding today, day 4. I came back here today to add my story in hopes that it will help.

A couple of years ago I tried CBD because I had to stop weed for 4 weeks for an upcoming drug test. I was feeling antsy, and thought it might help. I think it did.

Now, my symptoms are much worse since I stopped, but not nearly as bad as some of the people on this board. I'm worse because I am retired, and can smoke all day, which I have done for eight months.

The reason I am posting here is that a couple of hours ago I pulled out my old vape, and put some fresh CBD vape oil in it. I hit it, and must say that I feel better. Fish oil helps too.

I am shocked to hear of people having problems six months after quitting. I am planning on water fasting for a few days or more next week. There is a great video on Netflix I believe, called "The Science of Fasting". I thought I knew it all about fasting, but wow, I did not. You can think of fasting as a "reboot" for your body, including a reboot of your DNA! Yes you read that right. Watch the documentary. I've fasted before, for two weeks, but I don't advise that because you will lose muscle mass,as I did. Fast under one week and you are OK. It is helpful for cancer and many other diseases, believe it or not.

One other thing, very important! Buy some 5-HTP. It is cheap. I only use 50 mg, because 100 mg is too much for me. It is the reason I have no anxiety. Buy it. Use it. It supplies serotonin building blocks which your body uses to make serotonin. It made a huge difference in my quitting of cigarettes, and is likely helping with the withdrawal from weed.

Hi there, I am in exactly the same situation, I’m 28 smoking since I was 13 every day. I quit since 18 days and I feel constantly tired, I can fall asleep everywhere.