See an infectious disease doctor immediately

Did they take your cataway for biting?

Did they have to take the cat away?

Epsom salt soaks work wonders!!!! I would highly recommend it!

in order to check for rabies the cat has to be decapitated. I have same problem and have had my tetanus and amoxicillin for 10 days. tingling still called my primary for another appointment and there may be tendon damage. I take ibuprofen 800 for inflammation and pain and a heating pad does wonders. be careful of the hand surgeon you may need research carefully. but tendon damage is no fun.

mine is swollen I was petting a cat when my came came up the cat grabbed me and wouldn't let go til the dog moved

Lydia that's wrong! I was bite on the hand, kept marking the redness & swelling size. Antibiotics for 10 days. She bit me again tonight on the arm..but punctured! Don't let the puncture heal..keep it with ointment..pay close attention!

You have an ego problem to address.

Some cats will bite with a lot more strength and with differing intentions about the severity of injury they wish to inflict. The symptoms and complaints many have expressed can likely have other causes. The type you can not rinse away with the old bubble bath solution.

I have had holes through my thumbnails and twice had the tendons in my fingers severed and reattached in surgery as result of intervening with the battles fought by my cats.
The big boy bites and rips your flesh as if he is stripping meat from a bone, which is literally the case.

Even if it was not a carnivorous animal who licks it's own as****e for half of the day, the chances of contamination via a puncture wound or tear reaching proximity or contact with bones or tendons is likely (at best) and the infections and associated physical trauma which can result are definitely not worth ignoring. The level of pain associated with some bites is often documented and referred to by medical professionals as 'exquisite'.

You should check that word out in the dictionary if you do not understand it's usage in that regard.

I would expect that you have some other non-event that you can again publicly share, in spite of it's disparaging nature.

Let's be real. The reason you 'abhor' the experience and corresponding acknowledgments shared between others stems from attention issues which you unknowingly wear on your sleeve.

It is because the experience they had was more of an occasion than your own ordinary nothings.

It is no reason to try and discredit them.

These stories come from faceless participants. They pose no threat to you. You mum still loves you the most, no matter how special all these other kids are.

If your best piece of advice is 'do not seek medical attention', maybe you should consider what you are doing here in the first place. (I could speculate, although I already know better than to spread rubbish about things which make no sense at all)

How are you doing now? My cat bit down on my finger with his last breath. The pain is intense and my dr isn't returning my call.

Are you not aware of the many documented cases of people that have lost limbs, and function and even died from cat bites! Get informed before you put your “opinion” that could cause someone NOT to get needed treatment !

Cat scratches and bites should be seen if any symptoms develop. Their canine teeth puncture skin and can push bacteria deep into underlying tissues. Symptoms which don't resolve w one antibiotic wi about 48 hrs should result in shift in class of antibiotic. Fever, chills or any suggestion of pus means go to ER. The typical infections can go bad very quickly.

Help!! My cat bit me in the finger but it is very little and didn't bleed. I dont know if i will go to the doctor? Help me please

Exactly the same for me. Second day of antibiotics and pain is getting lighter, but still there, and so is swelling. I can move my fingers and almost able to see a knuckle. Very, very important to take full amount of antibiotics no matter what the side effects.

Oh gosh, I've been bitten by cats many times, never got any type of medical attention. Today I was bitten and while I was cursing out the cat, wrist bleeding, I actually had tears. Now, I was a foot Soldier for 20 years in the Army, even been to war and incurred a TBI which caused seizures. I know the medical field and don't condone misuse of the ER as they are over crowed and should be reserved for emergencies. But, within an hour that's when I lost range of motion in my right hand and wrist and had sever swelling with red markings going up my are, yeah, I changed my mind. As we learn in the medical field that emergences include, eyesight, life and limb to constitute an ER visit.

That particular puncture went deep and felt it hit the bone. I did go in feeling stupid, but after I was educated on the severity cat bites in particular, I was surprised and realized it was a good decision to go, as they did immediate heavy doses of antibiotics. I won't take the pain pills because in my book Motrin fixes everything, we call it Ranger Candy in the Army. But, I couldn't believe that cat could cause this type of pain. I have a high tolerance for pain, but this feels like I have a broken arm and cannot move it. I have to type and do everything with my left hand and that is very inconvenient. But rather than becoming septic, I was smart enough to put my pride aside to take care of it early on just in case. I need my hands, so losing one is not an option for me.

So these comments are very legitimate and I would absolutely recommend with the symptoms to be immediately seen by a physician as many people, from what I was told by the hospital, says it is very dangerous to play with and no one should be called whiney when they feel these symptoms. It's rather reckless to suggest this as "simple" bites. These simple bites that puncture as deep as this can lead to inpatient treatment for a course of antibiotics to prevent sepsis and some need to get amputations.

In conclusion, from an actual medical professional, you know your body and when you lose mobility and develop an infection, go get seen and don't feel bad for doing so. It can very well be a serious situation that requires care and I'm no hypochondriac. Your comment was tacky and misguided. Had to respond.

Exact thing just happened to me!!! Was just wondering what you ended up doing or what the outcome was? I’m in so much pain, bite on wrist, went to urgent care, now home but it’s getting worse