Did you ever find any solutions for your son? My son goes through the exact same symptoms.

Hello!
My daughter also suffers from dizziness/ headaches. She has had multiple CT scans, MRIs. Her neurologist thinks its a migraine though no migraine medicine has worked. She gets the headaches/dizziness @ every 2 1/2 months. She is usually bed ridden for 3-5 days. Sometimes she can feel a wave coming on and can take medicine but most times she wakes up early in the morning and throws up. She also has Enlarged Vestibuler Aquaducts and wears a hearing aid in one ear, severe hearing loss in the other. Doctors are not concerned because once these "episodes" are finished she is totally fine. I have recorded the frequency of these episodes since she was 8. she is now almost 15. So frustrating!

So sorry to hear this and so sorry you have gone through so many tests. If the doctors would take a minute to listen to us they would know this is a phenomena not yet actually acknowledged. We have opened a facebook group for these cases. look up Cyclic Vertigo Support Group on facebook, you will read the same type of stories. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

It frustrates me that the moderator edits email and websites. It is okay though to do your own Google search. Suggested search: "mydizzychild" The whole point is to help one another. So, why not allow people to find others who have the same problem?

hi there, i'm 18 and i suffer from practically the same thing as what you described of your daughter. i have been suffering from the calendar timed episodes since i was 2 about every 60 days. when i was younger they would be very intense dizziness episodes that lasted 12 hours, now it's watered down dizziness that lasts 3 weeks. still extremely uncomfortable and life altering. have you had any breakthroughs?

Unfortunately I have no good news. I do suggest you join our facebook group for cyclical vertigo support group. My daughter is currently trying a medication called cyproheptadine. We will know in 2 months if it has helped. Have you tried any of the migraine mefications?

My daughter tried this years ago and it did not work for her but I will keep my fingers crossed that it works for you.

Hi. I just stumbled across this post while Googling about dizziness in teens. My daughter is dizzy a lot, and it gets worse at times and better at times. I haven't noticed a reliable cycle, but then again, it didn't occur to me to keep track like that. I did want to mention PoTS, though. I have PoTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome), and my daughter likely does as well. It's a form of dysautonomia. I didn't read through all the posts here, so I don't know if anyone else has suggested PoTS before or not. PoTS can be cyclical, but I'm not sure if the cycles you describe are typical with PoTS. PoTS is defined by a rise in heart rate of 30 beats or more per minute in the standing position versus lying down. A lot of teenage girls experience it, and for some it can be quite debilitating. For some, there is also a drop in blood pressure on standing, and some have an increase in blood pressure on standing. Either way, it's the dramatic change in heart rate that is the defining factor. It causes dizziness, nausea, fainting spells, headaches, loss of appetite, brain fog. If you haven't already, I think its worth your checking it out. Bear in mind that not too many doctors are aware of PoTS, and some who are don't understand it. You may need to bring info into your daughter's doctor, or search or a doctor in your area who specialized in it. 
Good luck!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Does anyone have any new ideas? Any success?