I am a senior in high school right now and I have went through 2 and a half years of hell with my stomach. I have been dealing with a loud, popping, bubbling stomach and I now have to take online schooling. It all started in my 10th grade math class, when my stomach started growling and moaning and everyone in the class was staring at me.. I just laughed, thinking it would stop eventually. But each and every day it got worse. It wasn't just in my math class-- it was in EVERY hour. I would run out of the room or pretend to have a cold so I could keep going to the back of the classroom for tissues. I went to over 26 doctors/ specialists/ psychiatrists, and counselors for this problem. I had an xray when this first started and it showed air bubbles all throughout my body and also bowel floating through my body. (Sounds gross, I know.) I have been tested for a gluten, lactose, d-xylose, and fructose intolerance, allergies, IBS, Chrohn's, Celiac, diabetes, small and large intestines imbalances (a four-hour x-ray process.) I have been on medications for IBS, anxiety, depression (all because of what this stomach problem has done to me,) herbal supplements, dietary supplements, heartburn medication, etc,. I have a list, somewhere. I also had been allergic to wheat and eggs for 6 years after I had a brutal battle with lyme disease when I was 10. So I went off of all foods except fish and rice for a long time and there was no change. Most of the people I have been to say that I am making up the problem and that stomach growling is normal. Yes, stomach growling is normal. When your stomach growls every second of the day, and you have diarreha, stomach cramping, and bubbles in your xrays, THAT IS NOT NORMAL. I could not take my ACT and Sat because my stomach growled so loudly in all the classes, one of the teachers told me maybe I should go get a snack. I wasn't hungry. I am not hungry. There is something wrong with the way my body is processing my food. I need help. I want to go to college next year and be the normal kid I once was. If anyone has any ideas, please help me. I had actually been put into a ward for depressed teenagers because this problem made me lose everything. I know that it is something with digestion. Maybe something to do with the fact that the medication I took for lyme disease a while back ruined my immune system? Maybe I still need help building up the good bacteria in my stomach? I don't know. But I need to get rid of this. I would appreciate any helpful comments! Thank you!

I remember being the same in high school, my stomach was so loud I'd such it in and hold my breath as quietly and inconspicuously as I could, I eat healthy and like you wasn't necessarily hungry but my stomach made noises so bad it sounded like I've starved myself for weeks! I'm now 31 yrs old and my stomach problems have got worse, they finally like yourself after many tests! Think I have dyspepsia this is causing GERD have you been tested for either of these?

Hi, I also suffer from the stomach growling and the doc said I had Irritable Bowel Syndrome but said nothing more. I went to another doctor and was advised to take probiotics, but that only reduced the growling and hasn't stopped it 100%.

I think you should avoid genetically modified wheat, corn, soya, soybean and canola oil and also reduce the intake of artificial sweeteners that are used in many chewing gums.

The doctor's reluctance to find a cure for the stomach growling is kind of suspicious, sort of wondering what are doctors really for, and since IBS is claimed to not affect the organs, I find the doctor's and scientists' claim on IBS ludicrous.

The growling and moaning may be caused by excess gas. And bad bacteria can increase gas production. Sometimes the stomach is irritated it increases acid production. But hey, if 26 Phd scholars cannot find a cure for IBS or tell their patients how to reduce the symptoms of IBS, something is suspicious.

I guess if the MDs tell their patients how to reduce stomach growling then the sales of Pepto-Bismol, Gas-X and other over the counter stomach medications will be lessened.

Dr.Oz used to be my favorite TV personality because he actually explained how to prevent certain illnesses, but after his TV episode of Monsanto GMOs and then his article in the Times Magazine, I don't trust doctors anymore. They are either in for milking people's money or supporting an agenda.

It is just like my story... My stomach start growling in math 10 grade too and it got worse like yours. I know when you tell people when laugh at you but I know how it feels I know it ruins your life. I had 4.0 an a on my every single class freshman year and shopmore year But now I have c and d because I missed test dates and If I was here on a test day I was worried about my stomach it sucks.. What I do is... Wake up early in the morning like really early and do my breakfast and it kinda works but not exactly

I am a 55 yr old and I have had two liver transplants because of blood clots. I have been ok but about a few weeks I started having those growling sounds. Very loud ones! And I"m not hungry I just ate! ~Its crazy!~ I feel like there's a knot in there sometimes. But mostly the awful growling and I can feel them almost like when a baby is moving around in there.~I dont know what to do. ~~If you have been through all those tests and x-rays and they dont have an answer then I would be like you!! When I started this, I didn't .think much about it. But I got on here today to see if there was anything that I could find about it. I dint expect to find anything because when you just inter something sometime and it can find anything about what your asking for. So my surprise here it is!! I now know I ant the only one and I"m not crazy!! I wish I could say I know what you can do, but I dont, and you have really been through the ringer and still dont know what to do, I"m with you!!~~i dont have any possible ideas. I am glad I run across you because you said you had gone to the DR. At least I know that!! I"m sorry but you have helped me by telling your experiences.

SonjaMarie your not alone I also have lyme disease and ever since i was treated with IV antibiotics (rocephin) in 2011 my stomach is always growling but only occurs when I am laying down. It doesnt matter if I just ate or havent eaten anything for hours. Its not the kind of stomach growling you get when your hungry its just constant loud and annoying but isnt painful. I relapsed and all my lyme symptoms came back now and I am on IV antibiotics again. I mentioned this to my LLMD and he doesnt know anything about it. But i am most positive there is a correlation with the IV antibiotics and lyme disease tht is producing the noise. Also not sure if you are aware 70% of the immune system in the GI system and obviously pts with lyme disease have an ongoing battle with their immune system. I highly recommend to retest yourself for lyme disease and make sure its still not active. I believe the noise would eventually lessen once the lyme disease is eradicated. I will keep you posted if that ever happens.

This is great to know!! Thank you so much for the advice. I will get retested. I am currently on medication for IBS and plan on going on an anxiety medication but I really think Lyme Disease is still part of it. I also have been having the same symptoms I did when I had it! I will get it checked. Keep me posted on anything!

This use to happen to me but geritol once a day in the morning stopped it. Another thing that might work is to eat nonfat yougurt plain- 6oz three times a day, it will help u digest all foods and u can eat what u want without worry. I was having so many problems i work in an office that is so quiet and my coworkrrs would laugh about me and make jokes to each other about it but the yougurt n geritol stopped it all

I think you may need to fast for about 6 days. Drink at least 4 quarts of water and some aloe Vera (3 glasses) every 24 hours. You won't notice change for maybe 3 days. If situation stabilizes we'll go from there. Good luck and by the way, you're not crazy. Jo

The same thing is happening to me we have been taking benchmarks all this week and once it got quiet you could here noises coming from my stomach it sounded like bubbles popping and also sounded like I was hungry but I wasn't hungry so l don't know whats happening but hopefully it will stop because I've been getting checked out so many times

I'm the same here!!! I've also felt something move in my stomach, but I'm not pregnant obviously but I felt something move and it was the strangest sensation.

I have the same problem since 2014 after I gave birth to my son C-cesarean..... I never gotten checked out .. the first time I felt the bubbling the day after I gave birth the doc told me it was normal but I been having this growling and bubbling feeling every since.... when I lay down and after I eat it’s crazy weird

I read a testimony on Amazon: a lady who had been treated for Lyme. Now the disease is over but the antibiotics destroyed her gut. She took chios mastic gum (2 gr per day) and it did help tremendously with the gut gurgling. Good luck.

You can also have a look to Atrantil