It may be associated with anemia. I have rapid heart beat and shortness of breath along with a constant sweet taste in my mouth. Sometimes it is also associated with diabetes or std's (viral). Check your iron levels.

Absolutely spot on - this is exacly what was happening to me, thanks for the very informative post.

Thank you. This just started happening to me today. I just told my husband that it's like someone put sweeter in my mouth. Just scares me because I started feeling weak today. But I have been on a low carb diet since February. And I just got a b12 shot today so it may be a combo

My understanding was that ketones are generated when inadequate carbohydrates (sugars are included here) are consumed. Not when an excess of carbs/sugar is consumed

I have a sweet taste in my mouth I am not a diabetic I do not have any heartburn for gastric reflux I have not been eating any sweets and I'm not sure what it is but it's lasted for over a week already can you help me please

I get the same

You are right bro. I aslo feel only after having diet soda.

Oh My God its really bad i have this only 1 day and its driving me crazy even my teeth hurts also have scratchy throat i have an appointment to see my dr .this is really bad I'm afraid it will last for months.constant sweet taste like aspartame .

Hello. I am having the same problem. Did you ever figure it out?