Hi.

I had Pneumonia and pleural effusion in June 16 it’s now Jan 18 was in hospital for nearly 2 weeks and I’m still getting issues. I’ve had many scans, allergy testing breathing tests but the only conclusion they have come to is that I’ve got asthma. I still get chest restriction on the left side (best way to describe it is it inflated to about 80% then slightly hurts) and constantly clearing my throat. Asthma pumps help a bit but I’m not convinced it’s asthma. I also get regular chest infections. I have found that excercise and healthy diet helps for sure that’s the best advice I can give but your not alone. Hope you get better soon. Ben

I was diagnosed on 11/3/17 with pneumonia. 3 antibiotics, 4 MD appts and 2 1/2 months later, oh, and a cough medicine prescription, I still have some shortness of breath on a daily basis. Some days better than others. I am 55 healthy , no health issues at all, active slim female. This is so frustrating! I want my breathing back to normal. Anyone have or have had the same ? How long does it take to get back to your ol self? Is this normal ? MD said lungs are clear and I have no other symptoms to suggest anything else.

Hello. Don't rush things. I might take a while for you to recuperate. It'll be back to normal soon. Think positively. Being frustrated can make your breathing worse. Stress also adds up to the delaying of healing. Just take a rest. Sleep early. Drink a lot of fluids and also take Vitamins.

I am trying to get over pneumonia,. I wake up at night to a wheezing sound in my chest and i have headaches, i have crazy coughing fits,. I hate the not being able to breathe feeling,.
I'm 60 now and this is scary.

I had pneumonia on Christmas day. A month and a half later my cough is back. Very troubling. Will probably give it a couple days before I go back to the doctor.

I had bacterial pneumonia April 2016..in hospital for 5 days, with iv’s, But before that, I had 2 rounds of a Z-Pac..Antibiotics.
I really didn’t think I was that sick, as about one or more weeks before I had a dry Cough that wouk not stop, but not-after that, not really.
I still have not got all my energy back yet!
My Xrays show my lungs are clear.
I just had Lung testing done, and this surprised me .
Dr.said after age 30 , we lose about 5% of our lung capacity every year.
He said my lungs are very good for my age, but if I was 25 yrs, he would be worried! I’m now 75, and Never had a Lung problem before.
I do not take any Meds, do not smoke or drunk, try to eat organic.
Btw, 2 week after I got out of the hospital, Bronchitis, more antibiotics. Sinse I have been out of the hospial, another 7 Antibiotics..
The last ones after 3 days I was sick, I threw them out, and started taking,
Hyland’s (homeopathic) cough and cold, and cold and mucus..
That has helped me more then any Antibiotic.
I take it now maybe once a week...was only taking it for a week, once aday..
I have nothing to do with that Co.
I also take vitamins...but its the hyland’s that really helped.

New Member
Just wondering if your oxygen levels were low when you had shortness of breath and if you wore oxygen?