Your description of symptoms was right on point with me and with such relief as I have searched the web high and low and would come across others accounts that were close but just not right on point. They would have other things happening or not happening that didn't make me feel that their solutions were the right match for me. Coming across your response has been such a relief as I went to a doctor when it began (1 year and a half ago) and when I showed her and said I could "drain" it in the shower under hot water she did no research into what it was and basically said "well if you can drain it then keep doing so". But what she didn't know is it is hard to do so, it hurts and I cant get very much out due to where it is (right at the crease of my inner thigh/leg and outside public area...basically right where my panty line is). Using an alcohol wipe and sterile needle to drain has been what i have wanted to do but was scared to do because of other things I have read. Thank You so much! ******(I want to point out that I am aware that you are not a doctor nor are you recommending this as a solution, just that this was what worked for you. Just so there is no repercussion to you. You pointed out several times seeing and consulting with doctors and dermatologists.)******

I have found if you apply hemmorid cream to the area the inflammation goes away and usually they will drain within a day or so. Better solution than anything I have ever used. I been getting them for 20 years plus. Especially if I'm exercising a lot and during my period.

I have been using a dermatologist to lance, excise, inject, medicate, etc. for 20 years. I am 47. Recently the nurse practitioner at the dermatology office told me she also had this issue as with many other patients. She said that take they are caused by dirt/oil buildup in pores in folds/cracks/crevices of the body and that a hot bleach bath (full tub with 1/2 cup Clorox) every Mon/Wed/Fri will eliminate these issues and that many of her patients are no longer coming in as this practice is working well. She said that the germs are killed and possibility of future infection is reduced tremendously. I can see that it is working, but too soon to say I am cured... lol I just wanted to share this information as it is the best advise that I have been given in this regard. I was told that once it is under control, I can reduce the bleach bath down to 2 or even 1 bath per week with bleach.

Hi, I’ve also experienced the same painful panty line cysts, usually one comes before my period. I thought it was shaving so I stopped doing that as an experiment. It seems to be around my period and when I wear tight panties.
- what I’ve found to help: apple cider vinegar.
I take a warm sits bath, after use a cotton ball with ACV slightly diluted with water. I’ve used hot compresses to relieve pain and promote drainage.
Keep those hands away ladies! After drainage and proper cleaning I try not to wear panties and make sure not to touch the affected area any more than needed.
This seems to make them reduce after a few days and slowly start to disappear over the next week or two. Beware though, the smell is potent.
Hope it helps!

I had one of these nagging itchynspots that would fill up, hurt, then burst, then cycle through again, at least for 9 months. I struggle with yeast infections a lot over the last year so that definitely could be related.

A few weeks ago I realized it's been a o uy a month and it hasn't come back or biuthered me so I am hopeful it is cured. What worked best for me was hydrocortisone, and fresh aloe from an aloe plant at home. Definitely cotton underwear and resorted to having a small makeup bag with an extra pair of panties for days when it's hot out or I got sweaty, and changing right away after working out.

I think I'm dealing with the same thing? I'm not sure, it's hard to tell. I know you're not supposed to pop them, but when I found out you're not supposed to do that, it was already too late. I popped it and blood literally shot across the room, onto the wall. Now, I have another one on the other side of my panty line. I don't know what to do!! I'm 14!! I would be too embarrassed to tell my mom about this. Please help me!! I need an explanation for what's going on. I've never, ever had sex, so I'm almost sure it's not an STD. Please help me.. I'm young and stupid..

Health Guru

Hi, your not young and stupid at all your young and learning about the problems your body can throw at you.
First of all if your to embarrasses to talk about it on the page make yourself an account then post 3 page messages and you can contact me by private message. You said you had one you popped, has that one cleared up now?
When you say they are on your panty line where about on your panty line exactly are they?
Try not to worry because a lot of woman get them and your right they are nothing to do with sti's or std's or even sexual intercourse for that matter. :)

This is not something to be embarrassed by. It’s just like a zit on your face. Pores get filled with dirt- sweat and the puss builds up, creating a zit/Sist. Yep your mom. Doesn’t have anything to do with sex or stds.

There is absolutely no medical reson why garlic or spicy foods would cause cysts

Menstrual cups help with moister. Sounds gross but once you can get past that it's amazing. It can stay in 6 to 12 hours, you can boil it and use vinegar if it sounds gross. It's so freeing. No chemicals, pool and bath friendly, no leaks, no stress, and no moisture.

I have one now and it's unbearable. I get them a lot when I'm not clean eating. I'm going to give it a try. Thank you

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have set my mind at ease.

I have had a recurring cyst on my pantyline for over ten years. Maybe once a year or so it will flare up.
I have spoken with doctors about it and have had sebaceous cysts in other areas as well.
BEST TREATMENT is a warm compress. Put a damp washcloth in a baggie, microwave until warm. Then wrap with dish towel and put on the affected area. Three times a day. It breaks down the oils trapped under the skin and helps it dissolve.
Also try to skip underwear at bed if possible. The rubbing can irritate it.
I’ve only been prescribed antibiotics 2 times to help.
Give it a little bit of time. It won’t go away over night. But if you feel like nothing is happening visit your doctor.

I've gotten them since age 12, I'm 16 now, and yes, one of my main concerns was people thinking it was an STD. Believe me, telling your pediatrician is the way to go if you're too embarrassed to tell your mom.

This is likely Hidridenitis Suppurativa (sp). Do not panic when you read about it, or see the photos. Millions are living with this without it ever getting as bad as what you see in the cary photos. I've had it for 30 years, with just one or two painful cysts every couple of months. They show up in groin area, under arm, under breasts and often return in the same spot. It is nothing you have done wrong, not sexually transmitted, not contagious, and no amount of washing cures it. Millions have it and so many are ashamed of it, that they don't go to the doctor. Antibiotics rarely help. An Anti-inflammatory diet seems to help as much as medications do, for mild forms of the condition. I even have a small flat blood blister type spot on my inner labia, and it has burst and bled (no pus, just blood) over and over for two months now. It's miserable to deal with, but life goes on. Most people never know they have it, because they just have cysts every now and then.