Its your body. You can request sedarion for your comfort.

David Craig I just read your comment and there are no truer words my friend. The pain is ridiculous and anyone who says it's just a discomfort haven't had it done. Sheer agony is the best way to describe it. Trust me get knocked out.

I'm having to have my stent removed this week. Y'all got me scared. I'm sitting here thinking how bad I already but due to the stones I just passed and now I have this thing in my narrow ureter. All I can think of how bad it's gonna hurt getting this thing skewered out of me.

I'm 42. I had a cystoscopy three years ago outpatient so I was knocked out. My urologist told me if you are older than 62, it doesn't hurt for some reason and he can do in the office. If my age, it's agony and you need to be asleep. So I had that. I felt like I was peeing razor blades for three days. So bad, that any movement of my penis felt like the urethra was being sliced. I teared up each time I peed. First time I actually took pain pills given to me, along with Extra Strength AZO. 1.5 years later, I had a Urodynamics Test. You must be awake for it. It was horrible. But the tech that did it was great. I peed razor blades until they evening. My urologist was horrible and three years later, he wanted to do another cystoscopy as he couldn't figure out my problem. So he set me up for another cystoscopy. Nope. Not by him. He found noThing first time. Went to another urologist in a different state. He wanted to do a retrograde something. Can't recall name. They squirt radioactive fluid up your penis and take X-rays to look for stricture. Nothing found. I was in so much pain for a test that literally only took 30 seconds. I peed razor blades for two days. Couldn't move as any movement to my penis was torture. He wants to do a Urodynamics test and cystoscopy in the office on same day. Told me it's not bad. Well, I've had three tests so far and each have been excruciating with cystoscopy by far the worst and I was asleep. No way, absolutely NO WAY can I do that without anesthesia. But, doing that means making two trips to that hospital
Out of state. I remember how bad I felt with Urodynamics test. Can't imagine a cystoscopy two hours later. He kept telling me it won't be bad. I know better. I have a high pain tolerance and this is far beyond any type of normal pain. My wife is trying to tell me to do it so I get both over in one day. The thought is making me want to run away and die. That's how excruciating it was for me!!! The Tech that did my last procedure told me there would be no pain after. I guess my anatomy is different than many or nobody ever came back to her and told her otherwise.

Hi. I had a cystoscopy a week ago. I was very apprehensive not because of any pain but because of having a very tiny penis. However, the scope went in and there was no discomfort. The urologist did comment that my penis opening (Called the meatus) was very tight. I had burning afterwards, blood in semen, blood from meatus. But within a week, I am back to normal. No signs of cancer, tumors, stones. I guess because because my penis is only an inch when soft, the scope didn't have to go far. Bottom line is if you have a very good knowledgeable urologist, you'll be fine.

Found this post (a year too late) and agree with all of it. Had a cystoscopy today for exploratory purposes and the pain of two C-sections can't compare. My urethra was too narrow, so they had to stretch me out. I was in pain already which was why I was having the procedure and this was added agony. The brochure indicated local anesthetic, but the doc said it wouldn't do anything and a shot would hurt worse than the procedure. I was almost screaming; I definitely cried out a few times and the nurse told me to breathe (yeah, right). Afterwards, I could barely pee out the liquid from all the pain I was in and I was doubled over. Peeing has been agony since; don't know when it will get better. There were many others there having this procedure and they walked out as if nothing happened, so I don't know why I was in so much pain. They gave me a pyridine pill (like Azo), but it did nothing. I took Advil and Valium which was prescribed for my bladder spasms, but that hasn't helped the pain while peeing. My bladder was normal, but if I ever have to have this procedure done again, I will ABSOLUTELY insist to be put under. Not a chance in hell I'll do it awake again. Just thinking about it makes me want to vomit.

I had a Cystoscopy with lidocaine applied by a nurse with no Anesthesiologist is sight and really felt nothing. The only pain was receiving a bill for $330 from the Anesthesiologist for services not performed (i.e., general Anesthesia with all the effect of a Valium pill). In March 2018 when I had a Urolift, I was assured (twice) by the Urologist before the procedure that I would not receive a bill for the general anesthesia. I still received a bill for $440 which I'm contesting.