Im 16 and have noticed a huge discolouration in my vagina... Looks almost brownish, is this normal... Im kinda freaked out about this.. Also i have a beauty mark thats about the size of the top of a tack....

Sex Ed in this country is pretty timid. It seems to freak a lot of females out when their vulva changes in appearance. Sadly, many women end up thinking something is going terribly wrong with their genitalia, and even fear having a boyfriend who might think likewise. Ladies, they all change at puberty, some a little, some a lot. Some stay very prepubescent looking, some get very dark and pronounced. They are all awesome and nature has done a fine job. Perhaps moms should include this in their "talk" so ladies can get on with enjoying their genitals instead of worrying about them.

im 15 and i just lost my virginity my left is bigger and discolor as well and my boyfriend never said anything about it and he is more experienced then i an i was very scared he would say something about it and now i see it is very normal dont worry about it if it gets to you to much you can always have it removed but why do that when its normal your beautiful just the way you are and i promise that is wont make the time you lose your virginity any different then without it

E.S

Hey guys i have been experiencing that thing after having a fantasy sex. I was 11 years old at that time. The left side remains tiny but the right one began to be way bigger. Color violet. Almost black. So I go crazy that i might have socalled aids/hiv (lol i have no knowledge of that thinggy before) i was on the sixth grade and decided not to tell anybody about it because im scared of having sex disease. But thank God! I've found this page after 5 years of being crazy because it got no harm at all! Thankyou guys!

My left side is half an inch longer, and darker than the right side is. I don't understand much about it. It is quite annoying, and it protrudes out to shift my pantiliner during the day.. I have done alot of research, and apparently it's normal for teens like us to have this. We'll probably grow out of it, but I'm going to check with a gynecologist soon, because of its annoyance.
-A concerned 14 year old

Thanks Kevin:) I feel a lot better about it now.

I am 16 and also am the same. Is it something I should feel insecure about it does no one mind?

I'm 14 and I masturbate kind of a lot, and my lips hang and I'm scared to have sex in the future because boys are so judging now days. what do I do

I have a similar problem. It’s really making me worried

LITERALLY HAVE THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM AS YOU LIKE IN THE SAME SPOT

I hate mine too and have always hated how very very dark purple the colour of my labia minora is.I always wondered why is it sooooo dark because Im white and well the only comparison I ever got were the porn magasines that my ex boyfriend had laying around. I commented on how the porn stars are all uniformly pink and have small labia down there. His reply was that no Real women look like that, that they photo shop the pictures, or the girls have surgery done on them and that cosmetic surgery on genitals is really common for both genders in that industry. Moral of that story don't compare yourself to fantasty genitals that almost all of them only acheive with surgery.

Also one side the left always hung out much lower. I had a minor surgery down there for other issues and he used the extra skin to sew me up, so now they are almost even and tucked up quite a bit.

Ok I just wanna say this post is awesome ! I love every word you said! Ive been trying to come to terms with mine for quite a while now but if someone truly loves or like you then they would love everything about you! YGG

Omg same . I'm also your age and it does really make you feel bad about yourself . My left labia is wayy bigger then the right , it's also really dark coloured while the right is pinkish . I really hate this about myself but I guess it's life for me

Health Guru
Don't worry your not alone, many females find that there labia change either in size shape or colour when they go through puberty and it's nothing to be ashamed of as your still perfectly normal.
Just as the left and right side of the body isn't totally symmetrical such as one foot slightly bigger than the other or fingers slightly fatter than on the other hand on one breast smaller or a nipple more prominent than the other neither is the labia always the same, sometimes one inner or outer lip may be fatter or inner lip longer or a different colour or wrinkled it still doesn't mean your not normal because it's the little differences we have that makes us all unique.
Any guy that comments about it being different in a bad way doesn't deserve the honour of seeing it, you will find as you gr8 older that having a long labia can give a great deal of extra pleasure during foreplay and intercourse for both him and her.
Love yourself for the gift you have been given and never be ashamed of your body.