I agree with you. Bipolar people are coddled by their Drs and have excuses made for them instead of rules for their behavior. I had a GF with bipolar. She presented with all the lies, rage, goading, shaming, blaming, mental manipulation, using, throwing away. She destroyed her first marriage with cheating.
I have read hundreds of articals. All the "professionals" say is to dance around them, tolerate whatever they do, don't say this or that and don't confront them in their "delicate" state. Yet, bipolars themselves will tell you they arent fragile and dont want to be treated like a crazy.
My ex called the cops once whle she was raging and throwing a tantrum in an attempt to blame me and cause trouble because she was "in a mood". I told her straight out to go ahead and I will tell the cops that she is bipolar and acting out of her head and would probably take her to the hospital. When the cops came, she shut up fast. Why? A line was drawn. I would not be pushed around (again). She always knew right from wrong but would not hesitate to use any trick or manipulation that I didnt call her bluff on.
They need to be told by someone they will listen to (the Dr?) that hurting people will not be tolerated. People dealing with them should stand right up to them. The current phylosphy on how to deal with them is all wrong.

I'm missing part of this and wish I hadn't just read what I had . It is probably out of context but please don't refer to bipolar people as 'them,' we are not all monsters. We are people. We do not all display the behaviours you have mentioned. Some of us have nearly died as a result of our illnesses isolating ourselves from others in order to protect them from the horrible things we are feeling. I am not coddled by my doctor. He saves my life and tells me straight. You have no understanding of what it is like to live with bipolar. Sorry you had a bad experience with your ex . She may not even be bipolar . A lot of people are incorrectly diagnosed, but don't act like you are the expert. Someone like you in charge of bipolar treatment would lead to a lot of dead bipolar people.

Advice to everyone. Do not date a person with mental health problems if you refer to us as 'them,' or fear us as people. You will do us no end of damage with your ignorance and prejudice. Anyone with a mental health problem needs to run like hell from people prejudices about it.

Look up Narcissist

Narcissist look it up

I need help, I have been dating a girl bipolar for around 4 months and I decided it would be good for us to take a break, because she was lashing out and being really destructive to our relationship so, I thought it would be easier for her to just figure out things before we tried to get back together, the beginning of the relationship was absolutely perfect. We never fought and we laughed at couples that were fighting and we thought was silly. And then around the beginning of the 3rd month she went out with her friends, and she came back with bruises on her face, neck, and thighs, they looked like hickies, and I am a very forgiving person so, I overlooked it and I never really got an answer to if she actually cheated on me. Then we went on a trip, and we had a good time, and then she went and started another argument as soon as we got back, it was a stupid argument and I feel I could have prevented it by just trusting her. So by the 3rd week of the month, my great grandmother was dieing and I went to her funeral and, we had been texting back and forth the whole time and she was becoming jealous and wanted my social media passwords, I had no issue with this but when I asked for hers she gave them to me, but I saw her talking to multiple guys, I confronted her about it and I told her I couldn't do this anymore. We went out seperate ways for about a night. Then she texted me and said I love you Im sorry I did this I want you back, but she told me shes not going to stop talking to the dudes that were obviously trying to get into her pants. I told her okay trusting her and the same day we got into a fight because I had previously changed my social media passwords and she thought I was trying to hide something from her. I assured her and I gave her my new passwords, but this time she didn't give me hers, and I was dilusional enough to think she wouldn't still be trying to talk to guys. I returned home from my great grandmothers funeral and I was under a lot of stress, so I told her again I need a break from this all, and she said she needed to find herself so she wouldn't lash out at me. I still loved her but what she did next killed me .(emotionally) Then 3 days later she asked if I wanted to get back together and I was in a good mood so i said okay, I love her so ill try again. She then told me she had done something that would make me not want her and I told her there was nothing that would make me not want her. She then told me she slept with her ex while she was trying to "find herself" I told her I wish you the best and I would still like to be your friend and she said she didn't wanna be friends. I said okay and left it alone. 4 days later she texts me and I work with her so I see her everyday, she said I want to tell you the truth. And I said what? She then told me that she didn't sleep with her ex and that she did it so that I wouldn't want to be with her. And she proceeded to tell me that family issues were happening and she couldn't handle the stress. I have been a nearly perfect boyfriend for being 16. Her mother loves me, and I think is trying to use me because I am the only one that makes her happy. After she said that i said that I was willing to look past it but it hurt so bad. I had never felt heartbreak before because she is my first love but, She has been trying to get back together with me, and I have told her no and she recently went to a psych hospital because her parents thought she was going to commit suicide, I was with her in the hospital conforting her and it just feels like everything will be different, that she will be the person I first knew and loved, and Im not saying I don't love her right now I just don't know how to deal with her. Am I being dillusional

Oh my God I was dating a bipolar girl for the past 3 months and was she said I was perfect. Despite her sexually active past she told me I was the only one and I was the guy she wanted to get married to. She's away at college but it's a 30 minute drive from me so I visited her everyday a week before her period came on she told me she had bv which runs in her family, she told me that she was fine and jus needed a few days to get herself and her lady parts together.a few days turned into a week and a few this is not like her remember she was the freaky one in the relationship. When I tried to ask her about her vaginally status she would put it off or try to change the subject, eventually we got into a disagreement about boundaries and she lied to me about a guy she'd been texting that she had previous relations with I told her that this is the one and only deal breaker in the relationship, she assured me that nothin was going on. That same night after she took her medication we continued the conversation thinking she be in a more sedated and relaxed mood to talk. In the middle of us talking her phone rings and she smiles I ask her to let me see her phone she tell me no, so like any caring and concerned bf I snatched her phone and read the text message thread to find that she not only was texting another guy but also confided in him secrets of our relationship telling him she wanted to be in bed with him. Completely caught off guard I tried to find some sort of rational that maybe this was an old message or something I look at the time and date the messages were sent to find that literally after our conversation she told him everything. So I kindly handed her her things and drove away as I started driving she sat in called for me to let her back in the car. I told her as simply as I could If I let you back in my car I'm an id**t". I loved her deeply and was faithful in the relationship months before we even made it official. With in the next 24 hours I'd be wiped off all social media and essentially her memory, when I returned to her campus the next night to get my things I told her that i still loved her deeply and dispite ecerything that went on i wanted to make it work. Wed go back and forth for the next 30 mins or so until she told me she wanted me to spend the night with her, eager to make amend it took her by the hand and walked with her to her dorm facingat least several other guys she had slept with in the past on the way there. After we got in the room things got heated and we ended up what u thought was make up sex but it felt like break up sex. Once we were done she would then toss back and forth on her bed naked a most arguing with herself if she'd wanted to make things work or not telling that the cons out weighed the pros when I asked her what the cons were she told me that her mom thought I was a"khucklehead thug" that influenced her daughter to drink and smoke weed*(not true by the way) and also that her friends didn't like me. Keep on mind these are the same fake friends that are BFF one minute then isolating her from the group the next. When Insisted on telling her that those weren't valid reasons she blurted out I like this guy the same guy from the text she met 2 days ago.after talking with her for a few more mins it was clear she only wanted me around because of how I made her look and how I made her feel by investing time feelings and money into her and once she gotten the validation from her peers she needed she had no further use for me. This was extremely eye opening becuase In this moment for the first time I saw her for who she was and also what affects this condition had on her brain. You are willing to throw away the past 6 months of happiness, love, support, and affection for some mystery guy who probably is in a frat or drove a shiny new car that really isn't looking for anything other than someone to hit and quit. I kissed her on her forehead and told her that I have always loved and supported her and that I hope she finds what she looking for and that she finds true happiness. She insisted that I'd stay and cuddle, but at that point it would have been easier to push a knife thru my stomach than to lay in bed with the woman I love as she contemplates continuing to be with me or some other guy. I put on my clothes and walked to the door as my footsteps got further from her she began to cry louder and louder my last words to her was "good by babe i hope you have a great semester". At this point I'm not even hurt as much as I am disappointed and betrayed that despite all I did for her she'll never truly appreciate it nor understand it was out of love, and that one text and the impulse to lust over love could destroy everything i thought was permanent. This is my story this is my advise real love is not easy and easy love is not real, and when someone tells you who they are always believe it.

Run away as fast as you can !

You rock! Really appriciated your comment

As run away far away!!! Change phone number, email, social media, and door locks!!!! Be thankful you got away. You cant cure crazy

You can't spare her heart. It'll break yours. I'm going through it now. She was perfect in every way I've ever wanted, but she can't deal with reality. She's stolen from me and my family. She freaks out over so many things. She doesn't take care of herself. She doesn't work. She would lay in my apartment all day and not pick up after herself and i just wanted to express that it bothered me. Next thing I know she's screaming at me telling me to stop bullying her and belittling her. She told me she was going to tell the cops I hit her
She told me I told her to walk into traffic
I never said any of that! It'll break you man. You don't owe her anything. She'll snap one day and ruin your life. It sucks. But doing it now will spare you real hardship in the future.

Dude, run away as fast as u can

too weak? That's a toxic statement

From my experience - everything but the cheating (as far as I am aware)