Did you ever figure out what this was and do you remember how you got better? I have the same symptoms - very excruciating. Doctor prescribed me penicillin yesterday so hasn't been helping at all. I haven't slept in three days because the pain.

I'm going thru the same pain (earache & horrible sore throat) & the same exact diagnosis of it's strep but the strep test is negative. I'm on day 4 of antibiotics & was feeling better but my earache just came back. I hope I'm not coming down with whatever this is a second time.

I hope all of you have gotten better. Just going to offer some possibilities. I had allergies, post nasal drip. A heat wave hit and everyone was having allergies. I'm in my 40's, know my body, teeth hygiene pretty well, use grapefruit seed oil any timeI feel a cold coming in. It was just allergies, then my throats felt swollen on right side, did Flonase, still slight pain. Slight pain turned to pain in right jaw under mouth, where glands are. Then pain went to ears. I was taking ibuprofen at least 2 to 3 every6 hours. The pressure was getting unbearable. I had no infection, no fever, just constant pain. Started really focusing where the origination of pain was and it went back to my throat. Stumbled onto tonsils stones, description was pretty similar to mine. Looking into my throat I could see a swollen tonsil. So I washed hands, trimmed nails, and gently felt to see if there was anything, I felt a very hard stone which popped out. It was immediate relief! Amazing wonderful happiness! My tonsil was a little tender from 2 weeks of pressure but no more pressure constant pain. A weird little thing that rarely happens but can cause much anguish. Good luck.

Do you have a nose piercing by chance

I have the same symptoms and its freaking me out!!!! Did you ever get a diagnosis???

i have had these same symptoms/problems my fn ear and throat and back teeth have been killing me for days now one night i opened my mouth wide to yawn and couldnt close my mouth! so little by little its gotten better but now this ear pain is rediculous Im calling my dr on monday see if its ear infection or what? i cant believe im reading about all you poor people with the same thing as me!! hmmmmm

I have the same exact issue, what was your issue?

Sounds like many of you have nerve pain. Trigeminal Neuralgia. It is a nasty chronic pain symptom. Look it up and see if it is anything like what you have.

People, apparently it can also be related to a misfired nerve, which means no antibiotic is obviously useful. Do read this article you all!

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/06/magazine/06wwln-diagnosis-t.html

Me! It really sucks too.

This happened to me and although they didn’t tell me what it was, the weird antibiotics they put me on cleared it up within a day or two. It took 3 visits to the clinics in less than a week before they made the correct diagnoses - wasn’t strep, mono, or viral. It spread from my throat, to my neck (swollen), eye, ear and jaw before I finally got treatment and was the worst pain I’ve ever experienced. Be persistent and ask for tests other than strep!

It's arteritis not arthritis. Lol. He was saying u probably had an inflammation of a blood vessel. Simple mistake. I had temporal arteritis and yes it hurts like a mother.

hows it going so far.....because I find out that i how the same issue a couple of days ago

iv been have the same problems to day iv had a pain on my side so sore throat sore gum at the back and sore ear all on the left side and don't know what it is