I started to quit with the help of Chantix 7 days ago. Chantix is a cut down how many you smoke in half as you go each week. Working great! Much better than the patch. This week, I have had terrible has to the amusement of my 9 yr.old daughter. Haha. And was constipated until earlier today when I finally could go. Later this afternoon, watery diarrhea started. Not sure if it's from quitting or from the Chantix.

I’m smoke free for 2.5months still have the problem hope it goes away one day

I have been having the same issue, I quit smoking about a month ago after 13 years. I had some constipation at first but that subsided easily with healthy diet. About last week (late in the third week), the stomach upset began. My appetite hasn't changed, but no matter what I eat I have diarrhea. I am a healthy eater so it's driving me a bit crazy. I happened to stumble upon a scholarly article on this site regarding cessation of smoking and a possible connection to gut issues with celiac disease. It suggests that smoking may mask symptoms, hence as it leaves our bodies it lets the havoc free. Here was the site: http://gut.bmj.com. I hadn't otherwise considered it, but I am going to try skipping gluten this week and see if it helps. Any one have any luck with it stopping with other solutions? I am not too into OTC meds but will go there if necessary.

Today is day 6 of not smoking burning cigarettes & using an e-cig in it's place BUT I have some SERIOUS TERRIBLE diarrhea that started about 30 hours ago. I'm drinking water like crazy but this REALLY REALLY sucks!!!

Having the same darn problem....since week 3 week of not smoking. I'm into my 5th week smoke free and the gut issues are just unmanageable! So you are NOT alone!! I, like many others apparently, would like to know how the hell long this lasts!!

I been having same issues but it is slowly goin away

You might have cliff ask your doctor

C diff talk to your doctor