Are you ok?

epidural for pain? Really, I wish they had said something.

Thanks for your input. I will be 62 in March and spent much of December in the hospital with Acute Diverticulitis coupled with a grand old case of Sepsis. The pain was unbearable but I wanted to be able to have a chance to rid myself of the infection before I have surgery. I'm scheduled for the 9th of February. I have high hopes that I will have a successful surgery without the need for a Colostomy bag. Your story gives me hope. Thank you.

I just went through this ordeal and I am 79 years old now.
This occurred 8/16/2014 and I just got of Casa Grande Regional Hospital for Diverticulitis.I celebrated my birthday in the hospital.
The four days of bed rest and antibiotics did the job this time.

Can you get a CT scan? It might be scar tissue or infection.

I was told by my physician after three attacks of diverticulitis your risk of perforation or abscess goes up 20%. When your intestine perforates or opens its spills out your sh*t/contents into your abdominal cavity causing an infection that can kill you. I am in the process of arranging a surgery date as I. Do not want to perforate or get an abscess. I am an ICU nurse and familiar with the risks.

Ugh, still doctoring, not what I am looking at. Treatment wise.

I had the surgery and am diabetic and high blood pressure. I was 3 nights in hospital. Everything went excellent. Find yourself a good doctor and that's all. Nothing to worry

Had surgery 8 days ago. Wasn't prepared for the amount of abdomen pain after surgery. Surgery was to take about 2 hours but took 4 hours as the resection was leaking. Over the next 24 hours I was very nauseous and couldn't get out of bed without getting really dizzy and getting sick. I had a drain put in which was taken out approximately 48 hours after surgery...taking this out was more painful than what the Dr. said it would be. After 4 days in the hospital I went home. Getting better everyday. Still pain with all the incisions especially where the staple is...feels like someone stabbing me where the staple is. Bowel movements are all over the place. Hopefully I am on the mend and will feel better in a few days. Taking it slow and tons of rest. Hoping long term this will fix things.

My name is bob and i will be going for the same procedre.

Hi everyone. I know this thread is old but I'm hoping someone will have some experience they can share.

In August 2015 I started getting really sick. I've always had IBS issues (everything I ate ran thru me and I ran to the bathroom constantly). I had a few good months of no issues before but then started getting bad stomach bloat and painful and infrequent stool. In October I had my first colonoscopy but the doctor couldn't get the scope in, diverticulosis. 3 weeks later I had another colonoscopy under anesthesia and found I had a hernia in my colon but everything seemed treatable. January 2016 I went to the ER after having very painful stomach cramps. The CT determined I had diverticulitis and I was on 10 days of antibiotics. Here we are mid Febuary and I've had another attack; 14 days of antibiotics this time and surgery is highly recommended.

I can't take this pain and all the pills, I've lost 20 pounds (down to 105 and no, that's not a good thing). Surgery scares me and the thought of having a colostomy bad terrifies me. Has anyone had surgery? Would you do it again? Does anyone have other things they have tried to bypass surgery ?

Do you have pics of your scars....should I worry I am going in for surgury Dec 30th

I'm 62 years old male and earlier this year (March 2017) with major pain on right side at lower stomach location and went to ER and had emergency surgery. From the Cat Scan it was interpreted as colon cancer. Upon opening me up, surgeon found a severe case of Diverticulitis with blockage. I spent 8 days in hospital with a Stoma bag (Colostomy) attached In addition, I had Gout attack during my hospital stay in feet that limited my walking around. The Stoma was tough one. It broke often and created a mess. After 9 weeks I had Colostomy reversal surgery and now 10 weeks after this surgery I'm back to normal. Bowel Movements normal after one week from release from hospital ( 7 day stay). I'm going to gym daily, golfing and back working my business. Life is good and I feeling Bless. My surgeon mentioned that if I came to the ER one day later I could have pass on with potential colon bursting.

I wish good health to all....