My father had Meniere's disease which is severe vertigo to point of immediate falling injury and blackout. Several treatments but none fixed it. He had the most extensive work done and that was to have his inner ear removed on his right ear. That fixed it.

I had a really bad vertigo attack a couple of weeks ago and couldnt get out of bed for 3 hours. My husbnd phoned the doc and my blood pressure was 223 over 110 so she sent me to a and e . they told me it was the vertigo that had caused the high bp , it was really scary .i still feel off balance now and its really getting me down . i had all the usual testp at ent and had scans they still dont know what it is . it went off for a few months but has started again since the bad attabk two weeks ago .

Have you looked into a Vitamin B12 or D deficiency?

I've had vertigo brought on by getting hit in the head in a kickball beer league. I am recovering and having fewer episodes after lots of vestibular exercises (You Tube), sleeping 8 hours per night, exercising regularly, lowering my salt intake to less than 1500mg per day (causes high Blood Pressure), and taking Magnesium Citrate daily. Hope these ideas help you!!! STAY busy and don't become a hermit (I KNOW how hard it is, but trust me!).

_removed_