Hey My name is Ashley and I'm 21 years old. About a year ago, I started getting these dizzy spells where I would lose hearing, my body would have the tingly feeling you have when its asleep, and my tongue would go numb. Sometimes I would actually faint and while I was fainted I would have a dream and when I woke up I couldn't remember my dream and my whole body would be paralyzed and my vision would be blurred. It would take a few minutes to be able to move again and when I was able to move I was really weak. I was also really tired and sleeply all the time and nothing worked to keep me awake. It happened a few times and the doctor said he didn't know what was wrong but then the spells eventually stopped. 
However, today I had it happen something similar happen again. I was feeling tired all day and i kept falling in and out of sleep and couldnt get my day started. I eventually found the energy to get up and take a shower. I was in the shower and I started to feel sick like I was going to throw up. I kind of leaned against the side of the shower and started breathing in and out and then I started getting the ringing in my ears and the dizzy feeling I tried to sit down and about half way down I fainted. I didnt wake up for a while and when i did I was hlaf way out of the shower and I had hitting my head on the floor. I was paralyzed and couldn't move my body and my tongue felt swollen and numb. My vision was also blurry. I eventually was able to move and I pretty much crawled my way back to my dorm room. I laid on the floor for a while and my whole body felt like it had the tingly feeling in it and I was so weak and tired. AFter about 30 minutes I gain energy and I was able to get up and move around. I plan to visit the doctor again but not sure what will happen. Was wondering if anyone else had similar things happen to them or knew what was going on? ANy help would be appreciated. Thank you! 

Ashley wrote:

I can not help you anything, but I think you should not think too much about it, take some time to relax, sometimes stress makes you more tired.^^

I had somthing similar happen to me about three weeks ago, Never been knocked out or passed out before in my life before then, Im 26 years old I went to the emergency room and they did a EKG and a few other tests and told me i seemed fine the diagnosis they gave me was called 'Syncope', I was wondering Ashley have you ever taken ecstacy? Because a year and a half ago I was experimenting with ecstacy and feel like it could be the reason all this has been happening.

Hi there my name is Shaara, I'm 38 years old and for the past 14 months I have had fainting episodes every 3-4 weeks. It's happened in the shower exactly how Ashley described.  It's also happened several times on  the train, on the way to work in the morning, after seeing a 3D movie and while eating lunch with friends. I feel a bit wonky, then hear a loud white noise sound in my ears, feel very disasosciated.  I feel quite graceful like I'm sitting on a log in a meadow but I actually just drop like a total deadweight taking out chairs or wahatever is in my way.  I'm completely out for up to 30 seconds then when I come to I am absolutely drenched with sweat like Ive just hopped out of a swimming pool fully clothed.  No kidding my hair is totally saturated.  I feel really scrambled and not able to talk much but slowly come good after about 10- 15 minutes.   I've been having all sorts of tests that have so far all come back normal.  Heart ultrasounds and monitors, blood work etc.  I'm currently on the waiting list for some brain scans and to see a neurologist.  Can anyone relate to my story? I'm at a total loss.  Until I work out what the cause is I'm not able to drive, run, swim or stand holding my friends children.  It's really stressing me out.....

It could be mini-strokes.  Definitely related to the brain, nervous system, and possibly a neuropathy.  Get a neurologist to make sure!  Also check for any artery blockage, diseases of the nervous system. Avoid stressing about any thing!

Ashley - I have epilepsy and those definitely sound like seizures to me. Most EEG's are clean for epileptics so it's hard to get a test showing 100% for certain someone has seizures. But yours definitely sounds like it. I mean if you go on anti-convulsant and these fainting spells stop you have your answer for sure. Good luck! Wendy

I have been having the same problem off and on since I was 12 . It started out weekly then slowly became once every year or so. I am now 23 and have gotten them as many as 4 times within about 2-3 hours. I would love to know what is causing this

last week I woke up in the morning with stiffness in my lower back. I rode my bike to work In the morning like normal and noticed my pain got increasingly worse through out the day. Since the lower back pain manifested for no reason at all a coworker suggested that maybe I had kidney stones. So that night before went to sleep a drank 2 liters of water. Around 4 am I woke up to use the bathroom. After I completely emptied my bladder, I started feeling light headed as if I were going to faint and attempted to sit down... I later became conscious but could not open my eyes, move, or make any sounds. Totally darkness with only my thoughts, ability to hear, and feel pain. I twisted my foot when I fainted so the whole time I was in a tremendous amount of pain, but could do nothing about it. I was screaming in my head. I thought that maybe I was dreaming and made many attempts to wake up. This went on for it seems like 30 minutes. Damn did my foot hurt. I was freaking out at this point until my wife walked by and said daijyobu ("are you ok" in Japanese). In my mind I'm yelling WTF do you think? But I can't respond.
When I passed out, I fell forward where my throat was on the toilet rim and the seat fell on my head/neck. This prevented me from sliding off onto the floor. After my wife lifted up the toilet seat it was as if someone flicked a little guy swithch and everything came back to me. I got up immediately and laid down to recover.
I'm 38 years old in really good shape and this stuff doesn't happen to me. Really freaked out.

Did you ever figure out the cause? This exact thing happened to my husband the other night.