Because the Lord gave us dominion over all the creatures of the earth.

It happens sometimes when i pet them, but i mostly get hives and rashes on my arms when they lick me. I already know I'm allergic to them but when this happens every time, it stings my arms, but i still love my dogs and still plan on having a dog of my own in the future. All i do when i get my hives is wash my arms and then they take about 15-25 mins to go away. The most severe it has ever gotten with my allergies with them was extreme sneezing and minor breathing problems, but on usual it is hives and stinging rashes. I don't know if anyone else has this, but if you do let me know.
P.S. This doesn't happen to me around cats or anything so I'm most likely it's in the DNA of canines.

Mine r like little bumps but they r itchy

I have the same problem. No allergy to dogs fur but if a dog any dog licks me I welp up in hives where they licked I love my dog an it's so hard to keep him from licking me.

Just let people ask questions without judgment of spelling and grammer.

Boxer Lick Freak. Did you ever find out if it was just boxers? I get welts.. itchy like mosquito bite. Didyou find out any info? Had my Pitt 6yrs, never a prob. now can't touch her.

It happens every time even though I love my dog to death he is the best dog ever I never new and this was the best information

I get a rash only when certain dogs lick me, boxers, rotti's, pitbull, even a baby French bulldog that was licking my face yesterday. And it only started happening a few years ago. I get a red itchy rash that goes away after a couple hours ago. I notice when I wash myself where they lick right after it calms down faster.

Babies are humans, too, and they can't do that either. You should have an argument like one guest that said we are the most "advanced species", but we are also "their protectors."

Count me in as well. Just googled the strange rash on my forearm and found you fine people. I'm taking the pup for a check up in the near future & will post a follow-up w vet advice. YOU ARE NOT NUTS! This has to be an enzyme in the dog's saliva or something they have licked. I hate to think of the things they lick. :/

I get little bumps such as pimples. My dog licks my face nothing happens. Dog licks my my forarm and neck and i break out.. Am i allergic or and its just me

I was playing with my dog the other day and he licked my bottom lip as he was playing. My lip started to itch and have a tingling feeling and then a lump developed and now it's like a sore lip. Can someone please give me an answer to whether this is off my dogs tongue or salavia? Thanks x

no one likes a grammar bully. this is an issue this person has and there is no reason to be a jerk about it .

When my rottweiler lick me anywhere immediately it Burns and immediately I get red bumpy rash. As soon as my dog lick me 30 seconds later it Burns and I have to run to the sink and wash it off.. I can't even play with my dog is there anything I can do to prevent this irritation

This is happening to me as well, I have a 12 yr old Yorkie and never had any issues. I adopted a Yorkie/Mini Fox Terrier pup a few months ago and have rash on my neck and temples with various spots here and there. I think it is because she has dog fur and not the soft Yorkie hair that my older dog has. What can be done to treat this ?