I shred bars of Irish spring with a grater, put in my food processor to make it a powder and mix it with crushed chalk. I love the gritty crunch b/c it reminds of washing powder. I've done this w/other soaps but Irish spring is my fav.

I chop up my soap into cubes, chew it and spit it out. The soaps I like to eat are original Irish spring, dove white and dove green tea with cucumber. I like dove the best because it doesn't burn my mouth as much but Irish spring had the best taste.

I have this same problem only I make like a pica snack mix. I mix grated Irish spring, baby powder and crushed chalk. Sometimes I'll use dove white. I've started taking iron supplements b/c this isn't healthy.

Yes that’s crazy I’m the same way and the soap I️ crave is only Irish spring very weird the smell makes me want it even more

i started eating soap irish spring at the age of 13 it was an accident n i always thought it smelled good i am trying so hard not to go back to it again im 18 n my cravings are back

Same. I loved the smell of Irish spring (something must be addictive about that brand b/c a lot of ppl eat it :P) but one day I just decided to taste it. I dnt eat it. I just bite off small piece, chew it and spit it out.

My favorite is Irish Spring, Coast and Dove. My cravings are strongest when I'm stressed out or when it's that time of the month. I keep bars of those soaps under my pillow and in my glove compartment. I've been taking iron pills and slowly weaning myself from eating these soap b/c it's not good for me but I love the taste.

I store bars of original Irish spring w/baking soda for about 3 days to let it absorb the taste and scent. Then I chew the Irish spring flavored baking soda, spit it out and rinse my mouth. That's how I satisfy my craving w/out eating the soap or damaging my teeth :p.

For my opinion, eating of soap - sign of low progesteron, the female hormon, responding to ovulation.

I don't know if this was the cause main cause of me being hospitalized for 12 days last summer but I had to have a blood transfusion, was told I had a fatty liver, low blood count, anemic and a tear in my stomach. I didn't tell the gastrologists that I had been consuming soap for the past 8 and a half yrs straight. Better to let them think it was something else and I haven't had any soap since then but I still want it.

I have the problem as you and I also love the original Irish spring,dial gold, coast. I tried white dove and original caress too and also love those. The dove and caress don't burn my mouth as much but Irish spring and coast are my faves.

I think it's ruining my tastebuds too. Things taste dull. And I have to chip the soap (Ivory) and let the pieces dry out before I place the them in my mouth. Only difference I think in this room is that my family knows. My husband thinks it's stupid and refuses to talk about it. I understand. I would think the same too if he started this.

Original green Irish spring is my soap of choice as well. There must be something very addictive about that b/c so many of us pica sufferers enjoy it :P. I like to cut it up into chunks, chew it and spit it out. I also like to do that w/dove white and dove green tea and cucumber.

omg i love coast soap too! I eat it by using a veggie peeler and making chips to crunch.

And here I am thinking I fell from out of space...I've had the urge for Irish Spring, dial (original), I eat TONS of ice and i'm anemic.. I haven't actually eaten the soap but i have like licked it and suck on them a bit..