Hey well i went to a pregnancy yoga class yesterday and they provided dinner at the end, and one of the toppings was tuna so im guessing you are allowed otherwise a class ment for pregnant people would provide tuna for dinner lol, but i was shocked when i saw it cos i didnt think you could.

I understand what you are saying here, but will disagree with your statement at the end that "people used to drink while pregnant and end up with healthy babies". I'm not sure if you are familiar with fetal alcohol spectrum disorder, but if you are planning to have a pregnancy you should be. It can happen to any child who has a mom who drinks while pregnant, and that mom does not have to be a binge drinker or alcoholic either. Many of the kids who grow up with this problem are never diagnosed as there is often learning issues but they can vary from case to case and may not be hugely severe, and there are often no physical abnormalities, so while learning issues are present, it may never be linked to the mom drinking.

Severe or mild, any child affected like this will have a lot of difficulties to overcome, and an attitude like your makes me sick. People should learn about this and stop being so selfish thinking their wine with dinner is no big deal. If you can't go without the booze during pregnancy you have no right to be a parent. Try looking at the number of kids in foster care affected by this fasd condidtion, and learning a bit about it before you blanket drinking as ok during pregnancy. It makes me sick how ignorant our culture is, when I assure you there are more kids affected by fasd than all other learning disabilites combined!

Well I am being careful. I am 7 weeks. I have been wanting tuna and salami but I am not eating them just to be on the safe side. If the tuna is hot and is in something then I might have a little bit of it. You can eat pasta. That is one of the main things I eat. It says in all of the books to eat pasta. I try to drink 2 glasses of milk a day so I don't have a soy baby. My sister with her first barely drank any and had a soy baby and with her second drank 2 glasses a day and he was not a soy baby. You have to do what feels right to you. You know whats best for you and your child. Just watch how much you eat and you should be fine. :-) Good luck and I hope you all have healthy and happy 9 or so months!

Here's the digs on tuna. There is a reason our prego bodies love it. It's a great source of protein and healthy fat to build a baby with. The only thing wrong is the potential of mercury contamination. Regular store bought tuna is long line or net caught and contains bigger fish that are higher in mercury and have had the omega 3 good for you oils cooked out sadly. Please buy pole caught tuna!! These fish are sustainably harvested without needlessly killing other sealife. They are younger and smaller with way less risk of mercury. You can buy tuna that's been cooked in its can so it still has all its healthy omega 3 oils. Do your research!! It's way more expensive, but it's good baby making food.

I know this is an old post but your a complete id**t. Do your research before putting c**p like that up. Anything can happen anytime and to say these probs are from drinking, smoking etc etc far out clueless or what. My friend that never touched a smoke in her life had a 4 pound baby with downsyndrom. But I suppose chats from all those smokes and all that alcohol she consumed while pregnant which she never touched a drop either.

I was wondering the same thing, im 6 weeks and 3 days and my boyfriend made tuna salad tonight, im not sure if i can eat it :/ pluss, over the past week i have been craving shrimp, but i was told it was bad to ea while pregnant, due to mercury, can anyone give me some answers? Lol

Not everyone has those problems from those days....just saying. The only reason people need to be told these things is there are so many idiots out there that don't know how to take care of themselves...

My mom was smoking in the delivery room. I was actually on time, super healthy, have no birth defects, was overweight and super long....

So same I became obsessed with tuna never crave her that much only when pregnant , tuna chilli mayo and I have 2 girls and a boy on the way and always the same tuna obsession

I'm exactly with every word you sad