I have a diag. of localized prostate cancer. Having robotic surgery soon. What does the term encapsulated Cancer Cells mean?

Well,

If I am not mistaking this means that your cancer cells are enclosed in side something like capsule that is not letting them spread around. This is a condition which makes doctors do their job much easier because once they remove them there are very low chances of cancer returning. How long have you been having this condition? Are you using any medication right now? The thing is that not many people have this condition and most cancers tend to spread all around your body. When is your surgery due? You should try to talk to your doctor more about this because you will need to watch on your recovery process. I hope this helped a bit.

Good luck,

Karel

As a cancer survivor of 10 years, let me tell you that you should not be making the statement, "and most cancers tend to spread all around your body." Anyone facing cancer is here looking for encouragement not a death sentence! You should also know that prostate cancer is very common unlike your statement! If you don't know what you're talking about, please keep quiet!!

It sounds like good news where your Body shut the tumor off and will kill it.

In July 1978 I had a stabbing pain in left side , 2 black spots where found in lower left kidney area by the time surgery was scheduled was Oct. 1978 . The cancer cells were pulled from kidney and encapsulated in a growing hard tissue which a biopsy could not penetrate . and was sent to St. Lukes for tests . I was 32 yrs. old in great condition with no family history of cancer before or since .

He meant to say not to many people have cancer which is encapsulated in a capsule . He didn’t say prostate cancer is not common. Please read before you comment