I'm thinking it's due to stress from work or your just sick of going to work I only get the fry heaving in the morning on mostly work days ?

PPI's and acid reducers both can cause severe headaches and nausea.

I have this now I just can't get to the bottom of it

Hey I’m late to the party I know, but I’m 20 years old and have recently started having this myself a couple months ago. In the mornings my throat feels dry all the time and sometimes this causes me to dry heave, other times it can be triggered by walking outside in the cold like some people have said. It’s getting really annoying having to deal with it though because I can’t go anywhere for fun anymore without worrying about it happening in public. I also have to have a drink with me anywhere I go to try to reduce it from happening. I thought it could be stress as well as I am a college kid but if anyone has any leeway on it or any solutions please let me know!

Yes please someone come up with a cure for this DRY HEAVING!!! I’ve had it for 6 months, lost 20 pounds without trying! NO appetite!!! Usually EVERY morning....5 minutes and I’m fine! Thought I had cancer, but after MANY tests and procedures, no improvement at all! I’ve tried everything “except” eliminating gluten. Im starting to think it can just be the way I deal with anxiety and stress??? Not sure. I feel pretty happy and secure. I’m so happy people started this posting. Thank you. At least I’m not alone. We have to solve this. If anyone has any new information. Please forward to me.
Debra
Please! I’m desperate!

Wow!!! Dry heaving victim here too! And I too, feel more saliva in the morning just before an episode. But They usually don’t start until I get up. walk around a bit and then

Hello to everyone on this thread! I've had what sounds like a very similar issue for 10 years, and have just found out what the problem is. The symptom: dry heaving - usually related to any event that raises blood pressure, such as starting exercise, having coffee, getting stressed. Allergy blood tests showed nothing, but then they do not totally reveal something called an "exercise induced allergy". For me, it turns out that I have developed a mild allergy to wheat. When I eat wheat, it predisposes me to an allergic reaction, that is triggered by raised blood pressure. It causes the inside of my nose to sell up a bit, restrictions my airways slightly (like a stuffy nose) but then also mechanically interfering with my gag reflex. I have cut out wheat, and now can go and run for the first time in ten years without having a gagging fit after 5 minutes. Worth a try. I have been through all sorts of medical tests, and I think basically it's not a well known thing, and most doctors drew a blank and I think suspected I was making it up, or said it was "stress". Then a friend's wife, who works for an allergy specialist, said it sounded exactly like most of his patients, who are kids with "exercise induced asthma" or "exercise induced allergies", most commonly caused by wheat. So I tried cutting it out (tricky, but there are good gluten free pasta and beads these days) and it's worked. Good luck!