Hi I am going through the same thing with anxiety having stopping the pill I am taking magnesium at night but what natural hormone balance your taking ?

Did those crazy thoughts stop for you?

I am currently experiencing the same things and it is miserable. I took the pill for a month and a half after not taking it for 12 years. I stopped taking it two days ago due to experience terrible anxiety and panic attacks on it and now I started my period again (just had one) and my anxiety is very severe. I am currently taking .5 Ativan 2x per day to cope. I feel very distressed that this is happening and I feel a bit hopeless. Can anyone that posted before tell me how long it took to feel better?
Thank you so much.

HI Lady Woman.
I hope that you are OK. I know that your post was over a year ago. I came to this website because I stopped the pill (I've been on it for about 14 years) and all of a sudden, I started doubting my relationship (been with him for 5 years and he is the best) and the feeling is making me feel psychically sick and anxious. It feels so real but I am trying to remind myself that I went off the pill 2 months and perhaps this is a trigger?
The anxiety at times is debilitating and I am not feeling normal around my partner, and I feel guilty for thinking these thoughts and having these feelings.
May I ask how you are feeling now? Any advice etc would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having the same issues as you! Are you still experiencing these thoughts? Also been with my man 5 years and struggling with these awful thoughts and anxiety.

Hello ladies! Like all of you, I too am having extreme anxiety, panic attacks, uncontrollable crying and awful thoughts since stopping BCP. I am now 25, however, I was first put on BCP Yazmin at age 17. Throughout the years I have gone to many different generic pills due to insurance and have been on Aypri/Reclipsen for the past 2 years.

Just about a month and a half ago I decided I wanted to try and IUD. I stopped my BCP to give my body 2-3 months before getting the non hormonal IUD placed. (My appointment is in a July). Once I stopped my BCP I started second guessing my career choice (I’m currently in graduate school), my job, my love for my boyfriend of 5 years (which 4 months ago we talked about getting engaged and moving forward with our relationship. It has been absolutely miserable. I started having crazy bad thoughts about quitting school, up and leaving my life, and starting over. But deep down I knew that’s not what I wanted. There wasn’t anything medical that happened or changed. Just me stopping my birth control. I told my boyfriend how I felt and he kept saying we have to wait out the hormone imbalance. It’s all hormones. I knew he was right but my insane emotional instability was getting the best of me.

I did some research and found that any person prescribed to BCP should be supplementing vitamin B due to BCP depleting vitamin b in our bodies. Vitamin b is essential for mood, depression, and anxiety. I also did some research on how to balance hormones once off birth control pills. Time is one. But I couldn’t handle all the emotions. Today I decided to go to my local GNC store. I told them what was going on and they gave me 3 vitamins/ supplements to help. In a matter of 3 hours since taking the supplements and vitamins I can honestly say I am not having the crazy bad thoughts or anxiousness.

This is what I purchased.

Ashwagandha (herbal supplement to balance cortisol our stress hormones which don’t help at all with anxiety.).

B Complex

Female Complex ( helps regulate cycles, mood, and balance hormones naturally.)

If I feel this great already in just 3 hours, I can only imagine how I will feel when I take these regularly!!

I hope this helps you ladies, I know how awful it is to feel this way. I hope this is helpful!