Hey I love Halloween too!!
But unfortunately, I am at day 25 of my cycle and a few days a go (actually the day after ovulation predicted by my Ladycomp) I start feeling anxious and seeing no future with my boyfriend and am super sad and I make up fatalist scenarios about me and him splitting up because of a stupid thing. I suspect no ovulation this month because I had barely any eggwhites discharge. So I m just feeling super sad because I have still like 10 days until my period and I hate being victim of my cycle. From ovulation to period is not a good time for me and I am scared that I will be like this for the rest of my life. I want a life with no scary thought relating my relationship :( I would want to evolve in my relationship and start talking about marriage and kids but everything makes me anxious :(

Emma

Hi Emma!
Sorry to hear you’re having a bad go. Would you be able to purchase maybe progesterone cream from amazon ? Maybe that would help. Also, my naturopath suspects im not ovulating and therefore starting on vitex on day 15 of my cycle until my period. It’s suppose to help. Living like this sucks but I keep reminding myself that I will enjoy the good times and appreciate life so much more when this is done as we have all been through the hardest times.

Hey girls.
Anyone else find themselves dwelling on past mistakes during this ? But like obsessively? Can’t wait for this to be over

Hi apologize for the late response. This has happened to me! In bursts, I stressed about a few insignificant life events lol like things I didn’t even stress about when they actually occurred which is so weird. Hang in there we are here if you need us!

Hey girls, haven’t been on here in a while because I’ve genuinely felt better for about 6 months now. I’m always two years off and the beginning was hell. This week I started feel really weird, the same way I felt the first week I came off. I’m SO anxious and feel so sick and it’s really for no reason at all. I’m shaky and nauseous while In bed and feel just as I did in the beginning. I’ve come so far and have gotten so much better so I don’t know what I feel this way.

I’m sorry to hear about this small relapse but if anything can attest to you getting through this in no time it’s these last six months, do not let this discourage you. Have you noticed anything out of the norm some discharge perhaps or a late cycle?

Hello, thanks for the response! No discharge or really anything abnormal along those lines. What I have been noticing is that I have more acne than usual (I’m 19 so I’ve been dealing with acne for a couple years now) but it’s been a lot worse these last couple weeks. Also, TMI but sexual intercourse was kind of painful the other day. I’ve been with my boyfriend for 5 years and for the most part is has never once burned? Very odd! Although we are super careful and always use protection I somehow always think I’m pregnant. After thinking about all of my symptoms and the terrible anxiety (I only felt anxiety this bad when I first got off the pill). I decided to get a pregnancy test. I have yet to miss a period or anything like that so I’m not sure why I feel as if that’s an option, probably the anxiety telling me that!

Maybe its just a bit of hormonal fluctuation! I always think I am pregnant lol even while I was on birth control, so I get where you are coming from. Just try your hardest to keep a positive mindset its probably a little PMS. Thanks for coming back here it's nice to hear about progress I am wishing you the best and that you get out of this slump soon!!!

New Hope

Hello Ladies, it has been awhile since I last posted. I attended the hormone seminar on Friday and it was extremely educational. This post might be a little longer, so I apologize. Prior to the hormone seminar, I finally got my first period in six months! Yay! I was so excited to see that my body was finally making some progress! Unfortunately though, after my period the next 3-4 days were HORRIBLE. I was SO sad, depressed, numb, it was scary. I too, had some self-harm ruminating thoughts. Which were very scary to me. It was crazy because Monday and Tuesday were the worst after my period, then I woke up on Wednesday feelings like a completely different person. I was happy, excited, and I could even start to feel feelings again. For the first time in a long time also! This was the first full week that I had 0 ROCD thoughts! It was incredible! But now, this week I am coming up to ovulation. I had been doing really good for the past week or so, and now that ovulation is two days away, I can feel myself becoming more anxious, and those anxious rumination, ROCD thoughts are starting to set back in. Not as bad as before when this all started, but just more anxious and ROCD thoughts as if they are on the back burner. Anyways, that is just a quick update on how I have been since my last post. 

Information from the hormone seminar: 

-90% of our OBGYN, PCP, and other doctors do not know the full impact that female hormones have on the mind and body.

-85% of OBGYN doctors do not even understand PPD after pregnancy. 

-Over the last 50 years, there are now 80,000 different toxins that we are exposing our bodies to. Shampoo, soap, toothpaste, preservatives in food, fingernail polish, hairspray, alcohols, lotions, sunscreens, make-up, etc. Be care of what you buy. We absorb more through our skin that we do through our digestive tract! Be sure that what you are putting on your skin does not contain any GMOs. GMO directly impact our gut which lead to a indirect impact on our brains.

These two stats were unbelievable to me. That our own OBGYN doctors are not educated on the "natural" side of things. They are strictly educated with "big pharma" in mind. The specialists at this seminar stated that most doctors are not practicing on up-to-date medication. They stated that it takes 17 years....yes 17 years for doctors to catch up on all of the latest medical information regarding the female body. So it is correct when our doctors do not think that post-birth control syndrome is a real thing...because they have not learned about it yet! They are still thinking about the female body....17 years ago. 

-Other helpful information that I learned is that we need to be taking our supplements. Vitamin D3 (minimum of 4,000 IUs per day...Vitamin D is actually considered a hormone, which directly impacts depression and infections.) Folic Acid, Vitamin B Complex (make sure your supplement has a high dose of Vitamin B12...Vitamin B is a vitamin that is essential in helping our body deal with stress. Therefore, the more anxious we are and stressed we are...the more Vitamin B we should be taking), Magnesium (magnesium helps our bodies with over 300 different reactions to stress, eating, sex, sleep, thinking, digesting, the list goes on), and a good probiotic (not a cheap one either...our guts are the center of health for our bodies, therefore our guts are directly impacting our brains. So, we should be watching the foods we eat (eliminating processed sugar and dairy) as well as taking a good probiotic. They said if you probiotic is less than $25/month it is not a good one). 

- Estrogen can be an overstimulating hormone. This means that is can wreck or eliminate both progesteron and testosterone in our own bodies. So, if we are estrogen dominant, we will be extremely anxious, irritable, stressed, and have 0 libido. Our libido comes from testosterone, therefore if our estrogen is killing off any T that we have, we will be feeling awful, which is what most of us are experiencing. 

I hope some of this information helps you ladies, it helps me and makes me realize what I need to change in my lifestyle to give myself the optimal physiological health. 

Thanks for this information, it sucks that this is not a recognized side effect or condition, I do not even know what to refer this as lol. I am taking a multivitamin but my blood work shows i'm deficient in vitamin D so I have been looking to take an extra D supplement I have got to check it out. That other information is very helpful as well!

How are you doing?

Wow thank you so much for all of this info!!!! It’s so true that Vitamin D has a major impact on us, I’ve been taking 5,000 IU once a day since this whole bcp issue started for me and it makes such a difference when it comes to my anxiety. Just make sure to be cautious with vitamin B, my B12 numbers were a bit high when I was taking supplements and I actually began to feel more anxious.

Hope you all are feeling okay!!

Does anyone have experience on vitex ?

Why is ROCD so confusing! it’s like you feel so detached from this person but you can’t let go. The physical feelings aren’t the same and although I physically can’t feel that love I know that deep down I love him so much. I hate when I get like this because I definitely have such good days with him. Lately I’ve had really bad anxiety and I just don’t want to be touched, kissed or anything by him! it’s very odd and frustrating

It’s is extremely frustrating and makes no sense! Power through my friend there will be better days!!!

Does anyone feel like they are starting to believe their obsess thoughts sometimes ? It scares me so much and makes my heard hurt and the depression even more.