hey, if it can make you feel better, yesterday i had the worst setback... I t was as if I was back at day one. I never experienced this! I almost broke up with my boyfriend, I was being COMPLETELY IRRATIONNAL. We talked for 3h30... And like, its almost as if I wanted us to break up but I knew Id be heartbroken, it was f*cked up.

Im on day 26 today... dont know why I had this setback, usually I feel bad arout day 12-15 but whoa, its very difficult. Kinda hoping that this is my last ever setback but probably not haha

Hang in there...
Definetley quit coffee! It makes me feel the worst. It automatically makes me anxious.
I hope one day, its all behing us.
And I hope that my ROCD will be behind me for good. Cant wait for that day to come.
XXX
Emma

Hey! Yes i have the same, it came after i started taking it!! I went to the hospital terrified and they caled it a breast mouse haha which is completely harmless. it goes up and down in size depending where i am in my cycle but it is bloody annoying!!!

Thank you so much!! Well I’ve realized that they’re not really false memories but I can’t seem to really remember like how I felt on the pill, before the pill, etc. so it makes me kinda anxious lol. I’m 12 months off soon (but my symptoms started 9 months ago) and this is the only symptom I really have lingering, I know it can take from 1-2 years to fully recover. But overall I’m waaaay much better than the beginning so I’m trying not to let any setbacks get to me.

Wow thanks for replying!! I’m glad to hear that. I still have to go to a doctor and then get an ultrasound but I’m just hoping they tell me they can remove it! Sometimes I can barely feel it but when I do, it’s quite big so I think it would be best to remove mine even if it’s harmless.

Activist
I hear you, the pill has an effect for sure. I still had down days on the pill but it didn't have that obsessive element to it.... I just knew it was hormones and carried on with life.
Like you say, you way better than the beginning .... I think eventually we wont even notice it anymore, life will carry on and become normal again and we'll look back and realize just how hormonal this was. Still interesting to see the effect the pill has had... who knew. I was on the pill 3 separate times in my life and this was the first time I had such devastating reaction ... go figure why it happened this time.
Anyways.... has your cycle been regular since you stopped? mine came back within the first month but with HEAVY PAINFUL bleeds for abut 4 months... month 5 and 6 have been way better, minimal pain more controlled bleeding and 2 months of actual ovulation so happy to see my body is finding its way back to "normal"

Activist
How you doing? did you go see the neurologist? Hope its been a better few weeks for you

Yeah I agree with you 100%. When I came off the pill in March, I got regular periods and then in July right when my period ended I got hit with all the symptoms of this. I feel like now that I’m getting better mentally, my periods haven’t been regular. (I have PCOS and I’m a bit overweight so this is probably why) I do have the Flo app where I can track my ovulation days and I notice that those are the days I feel the worst, but I haven’t had a period since the last week of January. That one was extremely painful but I’d rather a regular painful period than irregular ones at this point haha. I honestly think it mostly has to do with my diet and my weight.

So the waiting list for a neurologist was about 6 months so it's a slow process :( I have been feeling a bit better, I still have this weird sensation like electric shocks in my body and dizziness but mentally have been a lot clearer. I've been sleeping well which helps. I have got some digestion problems though. And I had an eye infection so think my immune system is struggling! How have you been, what are your symptoms? X

Activist
oh sweety I hear you. PCOS can be corrected with diet etc... you right. its expensive to eat healthy these days bt it's the only way to keep our bodies working right. Ovulation was also my worst time the last few months but this is the first month since all this started that I have been able to cope better and not feel mentally tortured. One thing I have noticed over the last 2 months is fly symptoms during ovulation... but that is something I'm familiar with as I used to have the before I started the pill but not during the time I was on the pill.

Activist
oh wow that is a long time to wait. the electric shock thing, I also had that, that's cortisol levels. I found a product called cortisol balance by Medford with had adaptogenic herbs in it that worked like a charm. i'm still getting the dizzy spells and flu symptoms the last 2 months during ovulation, but mentally i'm in better place than I was in with my last cycle. in fact this is month 4 and feeling the most normal ... like i'm back to the me I remember before going off the pill. but then I find myself checking all the ocd thoughts to make sure they not lingering if that makes sense...lol I have days where I think back to where all this started and feel so grateful to be through the worst but I cant linger too long as it's still too fresh and makes me feel wobbly. I do think we will one day not remember how we felt... we will remember the experience as being terrible but not be able to recall exactly how we felt...

Immune system is definitely compromised during this process so I started taking 1000 mg vit c and now i'm up to 3000 and that has helped.

xoxo

Hey ladies, so I just posted yesterday about how I haven’t gotten my period since the last week of January....well I think I jinxed it lol and I got it today!! I wonder if this is why I’ve been feeling so down these past few days with racing thoughts and questioning literally every little thing. Hopefully after the period is over I’ll feel better again. I really appreciate this forum so much and on my very good days I try my best to give you guys updates to give you hope, but I feel like it may be time to start taking breaks from the forum. I’ve been on here pretty much every day since July. On my bad days I come for hope and on my good days I come to give you hope, but I think all of us could use a break to appreciate our good days much more :) sending you girls love

Activist

Hi Emma I found an interesting article this morning that might shed some light regarding ROCD, not sure if we can insert links here but i'm going to try

_[removed]_

Hi everyone,
Hope your all well just wanting updates on how everyone’s going and how everyone handled things.
I have been off nexaplanon for 9 weeks my symptoms started 3 weeks after the removal.
I had bad panic attacks no appetite terrible anxiety crying spells hair loss.
I have no had two periods and still feel quite anxious it’s definitely worse straight after my period that’s when I get the panick attacks but I’m feeling a tiny tiny bit better today.
The intrusive thoughts aren’t as frequent but I still keep thinking about them and get anxious about them.
I’m going to see a naturopath on Friday so I’ll let you all know how it goes :)

Activist
Its great that you have had 2 cycles so far, that's a good sign that hormones are working.
everything will become normal again with each cycle just give it time and when you get freaked out about the thoughts, remind yourself that's its just hormones. A naturopath is a great idea, they will def know how to help .... panic and anxiety is a result of too much cortisol being released by the adrenal glands and this is the reason for the obsessive thoughts too... your body is kind of like in shock from no longer getting external supply of hormones and havng to know go to work and create its own again. THIS WILL PASS. I was the same when I stopped Zoely (bcp) i know you not hungry due to the anxiety but try get something in, it helps. the less you eat the more stressed your body gets, the more cortisol gets realsed the more anxiety you will have. soup will be great or anything that doesn't require too much chewing and swallowing. :-) stay away from coffee and sugar at this time as it makes things worse. keep us posted .....

How are you going now?
It’s made me feel like a horrible person and I’ll never get better
But seeing all of this gives me hope.
Have you fully recovered yet or improved?