Hi all, thank goodness for this post as so many have already said, as for seemingly all other quit smoking forums, it's not half as awful apparently as I feel judging by the posts! Now after finding this I don't feel so crazy! I have quit smoking cold turkey for 4 weeks today, breathing and anxiety so much better now, it was truly awful, couldn't get a full breath, scary!, Yet chest x-ray and docs told me lungs were clear and breathing actually good. I was waking early, tired all the time, so drained! I have terrible health anxiety now though, I've had X3 blood tests in last 3 weeks, I've had ECG which was fine, bloods for kidney and liver fine, but my white cells are slightly high in my bloods, possibly some kind of infection?, I now feel like I'm aching all over, I'm 'aware' of my kidneys and lungs, yet they've been checked and are all good! Feel like I'm going crazy sometimes! Oh for the first week or two terrible sore throat and croaky on and off and have had a couple hours of bad stomach (sorry) yet stool sample says normal too! What an awful horrid habit, never ever want to got through this ever again!!! Hope you all managed to stay quit, xx

So today is day 36 for me, I had my last cigarette 5 weeks and two days ago. I still feel pretty crappy most every day but it does seem to get slightly better each day. I feel very tired most of the day and often it's hard to concentrate at work. I am coughing on and off probably four to five days of each week, although it's not a painful cough and there is no blood or anything. I think it's a cleansing cough, my lungs getting rid of the c**p. The coughing has picked up that last two weeks, I think because the Cilia are finally becoming more active. I do have more moments each day where I feel OK, actually pretty good, and I do think another month or two and I'll be in such a much better place. So yes, 5 weeks and I still generally feel like c**p but sticking it out and I can see and feel light at the end of the tunnel. I smoked a pack a day for 35 years by the way.

NO. Dude what are u THINKING with this???
Your telling someone who is in withdrawls from a physical and mental addiction to a mood/mind altering substance... to go and take ativan till its over!!! Do you have a brain at all? Also, with his described weakness, inability to take deep full oxygen rich breaths, and dizziness... you could very well be sending this man not only into the waiting arms 0f a horrendeously ill advised ativan addiction... but to his death as well!!
DO NO HARM. stupidity is HARMFUL.

You're not alone! I just quit about 3 days ago, and I too, feel week and tired all the time. This is the second time I've quit. The first time, I kinda had to quit for a week because I was in the hospital. I thought what I was feeling was because of the reason I was in the hospital, but now I realize that it was actually from nicotine withdrawal. I'm using the patch, too. I can't imagine how bad things would be without it. I feel a little better when I get in more water. I usually drink 100 ounces a day, but since I quit, I need about 5 quarts a day. I hope we feel better soon! Good luck!

Stick in there mate, I smoked for 47 years last 20 years heavy, over 40 a day and two weeks ago went cold turkey. Right now I feel terrible, and yes--weak like you describe. Honestly I feel bloody horrible, and my body is rejecting all the nicotine and c**p--that I can work out for myself. But this physical need and want and craving is awful. I know it is withdrawal so can fight it by saying to myself it is all part of the cleansing process, I simply refuse to smoke again. I smell nice for the first time in 47 years. I have had extra cash which has come in very handy. I can breathe again and sleep at night. I know this is all going to be good for me so this horrible feeling is just something I have to work through for the best benefits m
y system has had in nearly 5 decades. Hang in the and tell yourself, a little nausea and discomfort now for the rest of your life back is not a bad deal.

I’m going through the same process. I’m being a regular customer in my toilet.

Hang in there everyone! Im a little over 10 months myself right now, 33yo, smoked for 13 years bout a pack a day. anxiety is the biggest issue for me, like most I went to the hospital a few times, thought/think im dying or have some horrible disease, or cancer. I feel much better now, months 3-4 were the worst, developed severe acid reflex then, that has since mostly subsided. Really just listening to my body now, and trying to make it better by excersizing. From Montana and its effin freezing so I haven't been going on my nightly walks, and I can feel the difference. I find that I hold my upper body tense, (hold muscles flexed in my shoulders etc) not sure why, but it causes soreness and tightness. I try to realize it and force myself to relax. not sure what I can do to stop. I now feel pity when I see others smoke, knowing that its slowly digging their grave. or their pit to depression. Feeling good, little by little, been a helluva ride. wouldn't even think of turning back now.

I feel exactly the same, I quit smoking exactly 10 days from now, I feel awful everyday, feeling nauseous, colds and sinusitis, I feel tired and weak and my anxiety attack kicksin also, very awful..:( I also thought the same that I fear I might have cancer or I might be sick and something is not right and I’m dying..:( after reading your post, I feel relieved that Is not only me that feel the same way after quitting.. thank you for sharing, and hope we can get thru this.. we ca do it..

Omg i am so relieved to read some of these posts..i smoked for 25 years and i quit 15 days ago using the patch...after about 8-10 days i felt great cravings were much easier ..they came and went. I do have anxiety and would take my Xanax to help.around day 12 i stated feeling like i was going to die..my anxiety went to panic and actually asked my son to take me to the hospital but i didn't go..i kept thinking i was having a heart attack..i have done nothing all weekend but lie in bed feeling horrible...im mad ..i quit smoking to feel better and get healthy and i feel horrible and insane...i dont want to smoke.. i want to feel sane again ..thank you for opening up i dont feel so insane..i hope this goes away soon

I don't think I would describe nicotine withdrawal by using the term "euphoria". Most people feel dead inside, depressed and don't want to do anything.

update, I posted a while back. about 7 replies up^^. smoked for 13 years. as of today im at almost 15 months quit, and Im pretty sure I can say that, everything I was going through has subsided. I feel normal again, finally. Still desire... notice not said crave. I desire a smoke from time to time, but I don't have any issues any longer. Last thing to go with this weird feeling along my collar bone, left side. felt like I was being poked with a finger. found it to be tension from holding stiff non stop. but now its gone as well, I gained roughly 20 pounds, and now that I can concentrate, ill drop that off like the bad habit smoking was. I figure it takes a month for every year smoked. that's the way it seemed to work for me. Hang in there everyone, take control of your situations, never go back to smoking no matter how hard it seems. hang tough guys.

It's been 62 days since I quit. Still having anxiety attacks, breathing is still bad, have been in the hospital for pneumonia twice. I know it will get better soon. A lot of c**p built up in the lungs needs to get cleared out.

I quit myself Jan 19, 2019. My body is detoxing, smoking CAUSES panic and panic attacks. It takes time to get the drug out of our systems. Nicotine affects the nervous system. I just know I have to be uncomfortable for a while. 3 mos to a year before the body heals. Hang in there, the miracle will happen

I quit smoking 3 weeks ago today. I thought after I quit smoking I would feel better but I feel horrible. I am glad I came across this post to see that I am not the only one going through all these withdrawal symptoms. I have not felt like myself in 3 weeks I have had nauseous for 3 weeks, I keep getting lightheaded and dizzy and my chest hurts. I have this overwhelming feeling of doom like something is seriously wrong with me or something bad is going to happen and my anxiety is out of control. I have been to the ER 3 X's in 3 weeks because I have been so terrified that I was having a heart attack. After all the EKG's, Blood work, Chest X-rays and Stress test came back negative My Dr. advised there is nothing wrong with my heart. I am now seeing a psychiatrist to help with the anxiety. I still have some cravings for a cigarette. I sometimes wonder If I just smoke one if will make me feel but I don't want to. I have tried to quit smoking for 20 years and this is the 1st time I have. I don't want to go back to smoking I just want to feel like myself again.
Good Luck to everyone going through this.