I had surgery 5 days ago.
After the surgery .I had my BM on the evening..for the next few days..everytime going to BM..felt like want kill my self because of the pain..
1.please don't.take a lot tool softener..the pain Will be incresed if ur going to wash regularly.
2.eat fruits n drink water a lot.
3.sup is the best choice but don't eat chickens soup.stick to fish.
4.drink fiber drink.so you can control ur visit to toilet.
5.please eat.I was afraid to eat for 2 days.now I'm having a gastric pain.
6.try to walk but not much so there will a blood circulation in anus area
7.use salt to wash to wash after bm.wash with warm water.
8.to reduce my pain after bm.I'll use bedpan + warm water mixed with salt .n just sit on it for 5 to 10 minutes..it reduce the pain n.kill the bacteria.

I had a blood clot removed and it was the most painful experience ever. This is what I have been doing to relieve the pain: take sitz baths 3 times a day (10 minutes) and after every bowl movement (keep the area clean). Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water and take stool softeners. Each high fiber foods: Watery Oatmeal is great. Do not eat pop corn, nuts, seeds, acidic foods. Look on line for high fiber foods: dates, navy beans, kiwi fruit, sweet potato, etc. Chew your food slowly and let the saliva dissolve your food while drinking water in between bites. Only have little meals. I have lost 5 pounds in one week (which is great). If you can buy Anusol or get a prescription with 2.5% hydrocort-pramoxine, which would help heal and aid with the pain. I have to tell you, I had to go to the emergency room after my procedure. It is very painful.

I am not sure that bulk with sharp edges ai fober is good for yoir rectum emediately after surgery. When you helthy. Yes. Eventbough that could also be discutible. Yoi want bulk to not get stenosis but soft bulk eg banabas rice cocked friuts without skon...you need low residu deiet. Remember we are not cows with 4 stomacs. I am amazed how docotorw opo ions digfer and how people in medicine know litlle about!!!!!

I tried docusate (generic for Colace), a mineral oil enema and high fiber foods after surgery. But I think the "opening" was so swollen, that I couldn't push out the stool. Had to strain. This was awful. I went back to mostly liquids, i.e. jello, broth. Also applesauce and occasional gluten free toast. This feels better. I think that the high fiber was bad for me. I did not plan on this level of pain and BM issues,etc. Was planning on returning to work faster. Hope I still have a job after all this, but must take care of myself.

Hello all, happy to see all your comments which could ease my day after Haemorrhoid surgery. I would like to share about my experience that I have gone through after my surgery. My surgery was in the morning and I was totally fine on the day post surgery. The only problem I faced was passing urine and a cathedral was attached. The next day early morning it started to pain and I got an pain killer injection. I had an easy BM without any pain on the next day after my surgery. I got discharged by noon and the doc asked me to visit again in a week time. I got three tablets, one for digestion, one as a pain killer and one for not getting infected on the area and a lactulose. In that evening I had a bowl movement and the pain was like hell.. I can't even imagine about the pain and it made me to not ever again go to toilet for BM. But in an hour time my pain get reduced the only reason for it is the prayers I had during the pain. Today is the 6th day post my surgery. I still have pain during BM but it's getting reduced day by day. I usually use toilet two times a day for BM.
Things I have done to reduce pain, for ease BM and for cure :-
1. Pray hard to God, who's a good healer.
2. Make sure to eat high fibre food. I was eating Cucumber, which helps in BM a lot. Now Beans, Cabbage, Carrot etc are high fibre vegetables.
3. Make sure you fill your stomach with water. Drink lots and lots of water.
4. Take your antibiotics as prescribed by your surgeon. It plays a big part in total healing process.
5. If you have enormous pain after your BM, you can use Jonus Suppository or Gel.
6. While using toilet sit in Squatting position and wash the area after BM which help to reduce the pain.
7. Doing a sitz bath with betadine solution helps really well from being infected, swelling and pain. Do it minimum of 3 times to a maximum of N' times.
8. Use ice packs while you have a pain.
9. Don't pressure for BM. Use toilet when you reach a time you can't hold your BM any more.
10. After your BM take rest in a bed keeping your legs upside.
11. Always make sure your area is clean and dry.
12. Use stool softners until you have a BM with 0% pain.
. I think this will help you to get at least a small amount of relief. This is what I have been doing all these five days post my surgery. Make sure to hold tight your faith in God. Above all, he's the healer. Pray hard. And all the good luck.

40 yr old female
My apologies for any over sharing lol
9 days post op and things are slowly improving. I didn't have Any idea how painful this surgery would be - had 2 internals removed and 1 external. I'm on hydromorphone and Tylenol for pain. I only take half my recommended dose because pain killers dehydrate me. Took me 4 days to have my 1st bm and I'd been on my Dr's regime: 4 tbsp mineral oil twice a day, 2 colace a day, 1 tsp of metamucil with plenty of water every day. I still couldn't go and the bloating plus the site pain were becoming unbearable. Spoke to my dr and he recommended milk of magnesia on the 5th day - worked like magic!!! 1st bm was scary and nerve racking. But my discharge nurse gave me The Best advice: Breathe through it. When we're in pain we hold our breath which makes your muscles tense up even more. Breathe through Every bm..esp the first!
The mineral oil is a MUST because it makes everything just slide out without having to push/strain, which should be avoided at All cost! I still can't go normally or pass gas on the toilet so I'm still using my sitz bath during a bm or when I'm gassy - takes a Lot of the discomfort away. I will try the squatting method next week. Soak before, during, then wash up after and soak again-kills that "ring of fire" pain AND helps with those painful Sphincter spasms..you know what I mean lol. My diet is all fruits, salads, veggies, and water all day. And another thing, even though you have to enema the day before surgery, try to start eating this way and incorporating more fiber into your diet a few days before surgery to work out any harder stool further up your tract prior to your surgery.
I just had some baked chicken w a bowl of spinach for lunch today and that went alright. But it's important to keep your water, fruits and vegetables as the main diet staples, and if they make you gassy even better because that helps push things along. It makes life much easier! I have pushed out an actual person with less discomfort than this hemorrhoidectomy. It is the devil! But thankfully all this is temporary and we'll all be back to optimal health sooner rather than later..
Good luck & happy going to everyone :)

I had my surgery yesterday, sent home with no list of what to eat or anything was told don't take Gaige out until BM and after 24 hrs.I don't know how I'm going to have Bm or what I got myself in.But it hurts, can't get comfortable, feels like I'm running fever all the time.And haven't had pain Meds yet.Any advice will help me right now.

Thank you! Will try! My first BM 3 days after surgery, was horrible!!! It was hard at first and it had to be done inside of shower with hot water running. Almost fainted! If it wasn't for my husband who had to help me...it would of been a suicidal moment....

iburopin would do

Painkillers are usually constipating. Just tylenol should do it. Seriously. And sitz baths.

I'm the day after surgery. I'm not in as much pain like the first 12 hrs after. It's more itchy, chapped feeling. I'm scared to death of having my 1st BM. I don't handle pain well. So I'm gonna try this method too. I'm freaking out. I wanna beat the man who violently violated me when I was younger which caused the hemorrhoids. The surgery felt like that happened all over again to fix situation.

Day 5 after surgery. Not a lot of info on what foods to eat, but some other tips. Do not dismiss the sitz bath idea. The water really can relieve much of the burning pain. And, if your are like me, all the filling up the bags and fixing tube is an aggravation. I just fill up the little tub and fill a large jug or pitcher to have handy when I need to add more water. And yes, hotter the better. I was given one at surgery center after procedure, but I had already ordered one on amazon. They are not all created equal. One purchased from Amazon much more comfortable so I could sit longer. Yunga Tart Seatz bath$16.49 on Amazon is worth money. I also found I can sit it down in my tub so that my bum is not flat on bottom of tub and makes it more comfortable to stay in water longer.

Omg thank you. Lifesaver

Husband had surgery five days ago. Still no bowel movement. Following all tips but wondering if this is normal. Taking Metamucil, Miralax, stool softener and last night after talking with nurse he took milk of magnesia. He's eating fruits and vegetables, eggs, protein drink and water. Taking oxycodene and larazapan. Nurse said all is okay but know this is stressful. Would appreciate any ideas.

I had 2 internal hemorrhoids cut out and one tiny internal one sutured. The doctor warned me that it would be the most painful surgery ever. People I talked to prior with who had gone before me had a terrified expression and would not talk to me about it.

Here is my experience so far:

Day 1- No pain, lots of sleep.

Days 2 through 8 - I wanted to die, like jump out the window rather than have a BM. My first BM was at the end of day 2. It was the worst thing I’ve ever felt. I made the mistake of eating Brussels sprouts on day two. Not recommended; a tummy filled with gas and excruciating pain for the next 24 hours. I also used a spray bottle to clean myself. (Think of the kind you get after having a baby.)

Day 9 - I turned a corner, thank God! Still pain during BM and a few hours after, but There was a noticeable drop in pain surrounding that time.

Days 10 and 11 - Continued improvement; still pain, but a smidge less.

Day 12 - After my BM at 9am I was in more pain than usual...it was days 1-8 pain. It was a backwards step. Pain meds did not help at all. My children had dental appointments that I drove them to and the two hours of sitting had me in tears and a whole new level of swelling that I hadn’t seen. My husband drove me to my post op appointment that day, and the doc assured me the swelling is normal. He said some recover in 1 week and some take 4 weeks.

Day 13 to 14 (present) - swelling and pain from day 12 persist. Going back to the doctor after the new year to talk about new pain management solutions.

I want to turn back the clock and undo this procedure.