I was keeping my lips dry because iy helps with the appearance and is just a habit at this point and I brush my teeth normal. I actually tore the scab off yesterday and could see the spots right underneath... So I actually used a needle to poke them out. They are gone now. Whether or not they grow back is unknown but I know for a fact that ive got then out. So if this second patch heals like the 1st and stats away like the first seems to be (about 3 weeks clear since the first one fully healed) then ill say that I've successfully rekoved about 75% of my spots. In at the point now where if these two patches stay clear and no new spots pop up then I think I can live with the rest of them. I cannot believe in say g that since 6 months ago I was literally crippled by anxiety and depression. I urge everyone to try the TCA if they bother you as much as they bothered me.

Ss123

What do you mean by you poked them out? Did the TCA not burn them off? Also, your using the tazorac too right?

SNW here. Not having the best day here my top lip where I did the 50% seems to have not worked too well.. the spots are still there and now the section I did is pinker than the rest of my lip and stands out. I've been using the Tazarac too every day. Feeling really down and anxiety is high.
I'm going to keep trying with this method though as I believe it will work.
I just need to wait for a break in my schedule to do the whole lip as I think that will give me a more uniformed result.
Are any of you guys on the Fordyce forum? My username is Snowy if you wanna chat as I need someone to talk to about this.
SNW

Did you take off the scab early? Should probably wait for DM, but maybe you should lay off the tazorac a bit.

-TK

It's been a month since I did the TCA 50 section it looked good after 2 weeks then they started to come back.
SNW

How many times did you hit it? The section that I did I hit two nights in a row to make sure I got them... 3 weeks clear right now bit they might come back

I hit it 3 times in the one session with the 50%
But didn't do it again the next day. Maybe I'll try that method next time. Just wish I had a spare week to sit at home and recover!
SNW

Yeah the week of a scabby lip really sucks haha but once you start seeing results its worth it. I did like 5 applications the first night and then the next night I peeled that first bit of skin off and did it again.... Now I will earn you that its been about a month and that patch is still healing. Its a bit darker than the rest of my lip but the spots are gone and I can live with the different shade until it heals all the way.

Im guessing that this is SS. Can you explain the procedure that you tried and have had success with so far. Did you use tazorac as well?

-TK

I hit it 5 times the first night I would hit it and wait about 10 seconds and then hit it again. Then I peeled the dead skin off and hit it again with the 50% TCA. I use Tazorac yes. This is SS... Sorry I keep forgetting my tag lol the left side of my lip is almost completely clear and that is the side that was so bad. If they dont come back then I'll say I'm pretty content with where I am.

New Member
1 post
SS. can you please list your step by step how you apply?
Thanks!

Thanks. For the tazorac how often did you put it on and when? Also, after the first night after you peel the dead skin off are the spots still there? And like how is the color of your lips where you hit it and let heal? I'm just asking since I just ordered the 50 and am going to try it when it comes.

-TK

How are you applying the tca on the lips? Are you dabbing it once or pressing on it

Alright here's how I did them.
1. I used a needle and dipped the eye of the needle intobthe TCA
2. I press it against the steam that I want to hit
3. Wait 10 seconds, do again
4. Wait 10 seconds, do again
5. """""""""""
6. """""""""""
7. """""""""""
8. Do as many as you want.. Mine went numb after about 3 so it didnt really hurt.. And I dont mind the burn tbh.
9. Your lip will turn really white but don't rinse it off, leave it overnight.
10. Then the next day i peeled the dead skin off (IF YOU CAN), if the skin isnt abke to be torn off without killing your lip then wait an extra day.
11. Hit it a few more times after you get the skin later from the too. You should be aboe to see the spots pretty clearly after you remove that too layer of skin.

Now I want to say that this is what worked for ME and I dont guarantee anything for anyone. Also, it did take a long time to get back to normal. It healed in avout 2 weeks but was slightly darker for about 2 more weeks.. I dont mind it but just a warning. This is what I do because I seem to have thicker skin or deeper spots... So that extra step may not be necessary for every one. Every one is different. Really hope this helps people.

Ss

Thanks Ss.
-
Honest