Yep, all depends in how deep the spots are! I'm really glad we've found something to at least HELP! I dont think ill ever burn them all off because there's so many but 90% of the remaining ones are hardly noticeable. I guess we will know in a year or so if this is permanent or not, but the ones i "popped" before trying the TCA would return in a week or so... So I'm hoping the burned ones will stay away. DM is the one to thank!! He brought the idea and we built on it... All about What works for YOU! Try a small patch and see what happens. It's a long process... I still have days and weeks where im depressed and dont want to talk to anyone, but i look back at the pics from January and its SOOO much better. Keep posting yalls status and updates! It helps the new people to see that it can get a bit better.

SS

Hey guys been a while,
Glad everyones making progress. I have been making progress too, but I've found the same thing as you guys where hitting it just once doesn't really do much. In my case when I tried doing it twice it worked in some spots and other areas struggle with so I might need to try another layer for it. Those areas heal really fast too so I definitely think its about how deep you get it. One strategy I was thinking about was using a needle to poke a minimal hole and put the TCA on it so it goes into it directly. This is just a thought and I haven't tried it myself yet, but let me hear your thoughts if you have any. Lets keep this up!
-TK

Just wondering if this method - and if someone could summarise works on spots on the penis as well. Literally just found this thread and there seems to be a lot of positive feedback.
Would be great to get a response because I know the boat were all in and frankly right now in this day in age they should really have found a cure.

It doesnt really work on yhr penis. Least it hasn't for me. But if it helps at All, I have them really bad on my penis and only one girl has ever noticed, and she just asked and then continued doing her thing... Also my wife now knows and couldnt believe that i kept something so stupid from her for years. Girls dont care man, just be honest and tell them if they notice, don't make it weird. Ive got probably 150 of them on the sides and underneath of my penis and have never had an issue other than over thinking.

What's up yall??? Any progress/news???

SS

Activist
Mine are still staying away and i dont use tazorac anymore. Its been a little over 11 months now since the last acid peel and couldn't be happier.

I still have a bunch of small ones but they are barely noticeable so I dont even bother with them.

Im really glad to see it is working for a lot of people and we are constantly trying to fine tune it. Just like you said and I mentioned before, EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. If a person reading this fails a few times, change it up and try again. Maybe hit the spots more or try a higher % of TCA but most importantly, dont just give up.

Ive tried EVERY method out there and so have a lot of us. Im so thankful this method with the 50% TCA has been working. These spots killed me for over 7 years and now I dont even notice them

KEEP AT IT!!!

Activist

I will try to keep posting back here but the info to get rid of these is all in the post.  Take the time to read back through the many detailed protocols and everyone's results.

My general advice:

1.  Eat healthy and clean

2. Exercise

3.  DO NOT Try any of the creams or popping or any other home remedy

4.  Use the 50% TCA application method with test spots.  Adjust with additional applications that are spaced closer together.

5.  Try Tazorac .10% if you dont want to use the acid or in addition to the acid.  For some it helps, others it doesnt

AGAIN, READ back through the posts over the last year or so.

Activist

Any updates from the group and new users trying the TCA acid?  Make sure to post what works well for you 

Myself and SS have each posted what has worked well for us but a lot of people are different.  I'm going to try to do one large write up that incorporates the general method and then add-ons that people had success with.

Good Luck to everyone and post your results or updates!  And fyi, I am coming up on nearly ONE YEAR clear so I think we may have actually found something that is PERMANENT!!!!!

Activist

FYI, Im going to start using the words "cure" and "remedy" and "fordyce Spots" and "fordyce spots on lips" in the future so this little blog post starts to come up FIRST when some with the same issue is searching the internet. I would suggest the same to others.

Im hoping as many people as possible can read all of our posts and success stories

"cure for fordyce spots on lips"

New Member

Hey Dm Byers,

I was wondering if there is any way to contact you off the website (sorry if that's against the rules) I've been following this thread on and off for over a year, but gradually my Fordyce spots have been getting so bad to the point of causing me depression. I'd like to learn more about how to safely use the 50% TCA + Tazorac, as I have very sensitive skin (was on 2 rounds of Accutane for adult acne).

Thank you so much for sharing what worked for you!!!! I hope everyone can also post their success stories as it really gives future readers hope for this "non-curable" issue.

New Member
Oh yeah I forgot to ask, which TCA peel and Tazorac product/brand did you use - it would be amazing if you can link them.

Hey guys it has been a while. I am still in the process of getting rid of my spots, but I have been so busy with other things that I haven't been on the page. I agree with everything SS said earlier about being about how deep you go Everyone is different so I believe just trying things is the only way to find out. For me my spots seem to be pretty deep since even with the way SS did it peeling 2 layers didn't work for me. I am considering doing more layers for that spot or going stronger with the tca.

-TK

Activist
I would just keep all the communication on here so everyone can see and learn from your experience.

TCA is Trichloraoacetic Acid --- you can find it on Amazon
Tazorac is a retinoid cream --- Prescription only

Activist
Keep at it! Maybe try:

1. More applications during a individual session
2. Hit more layers sooner as it's healing
3. Higher TCA Percentage
4. More sessions closer together

And...
5. Eat cleaner and healthier
6. Exercise
7. Drink more water, take multivitamin

As I mentioned, it took me three separate TCA sessions, each a month apart until I got rid of my big, deep spots.

New Member
Noted! I just went back and read every post since you first started the TCA protocol. I ordered both the 35% + 50% off Amazon (like everyone else who started TCA, I'm worried about permanent scarring, will test how my lips react to the lower dose of acid).

Do you think it's detrimental to have Tazorac?

I will be posting my results as well, once I start the treatment.