My last surgery was when I was 28, I've had 5 surgeries between both of my feet. I have freiberg's in both. I'm pro surgery all the way. Boot/shoe didn't help at all. I tried 2 different implants, those hurt worse. I had the bones shortened and the fragments removed and it has been mostly pain free the past 5 yrs with the exception of the days where I'm on my feet the entire day like a zoo trip or if I'm dumb enough to attempt to wear heels to a friend's wedding for hours... other than THAT I'm mostly pain free or it's extremely tolerable compared to what it was before surgery. I definitely recommend looking into surgery if nothing else has helped.

Yes, try the surgery! It helped me for sure!

Kelly,
It’s been over a year since your post. Can I ask for an update? My 16 year old is in full time ballet training and was just diagnosed with Freiberg’s disease today. I’m curious if you’re daughter has been able to continue training?

Hi, I’m also in the UK and have freigbergs, I’ve had several surgeries! So relieved there’s some 1 else in the uk that I can relate to.

Hi, I’m in the UK and so glad to have found other sufferers in the UK I thought I was the only 1 as no1 has heard of it!

Hi, I’ve had 4 surgeries on my foot,in may I had stress fractures to my toes now they’ve healed I’m still in so much pain and my MRI scans shows that my fractures have healed and there’s no explanation why I’m still in so my pain so I’ve been reduced to a foot boot for 6 weeks to help
But I feel like I’m making this whole pain tho g up even though I’m not!!!

Hi there, I just wanted to let you know that there is now a Facebook group for us! Freiberg’s Disease/Infraction Support Group is what it is titled on FB! There are 50 members so far sharing stories, tips and tricks to deal with pain and things like that. I hope you'll join! -Jessica

HI - i have read many of the posts before but i am addressing you as i see it says you are in London. My son 12, has just been diagnosed. He's in agony and doctors have said nothing can be done. Use crutches if it hurts and ibuprofen .
Which doctor did you use? please i need a relief - he's miserable