I have depression and have been looking up whether or not to get my gallbladder removed. One thing that makes me hesitate, which you may find pertinent, is that it is harder for the body to absorb fat-soluble vitamins, specifically D vitamins and Omega 3 fatty acids. I've used both of these to manage depression, so I am probably gonna hold off on surgery for now. Considering you've already done it, maybe taking those supplements would help cancel out the lower absorption of them.

What supplements did she give you that helped?

I work at a Behavioral Health facility and it has been very interesting to me how many people I have admitted with severe depression or suicidal ideation and the only surgery they have ever had in their past was a gallbladder removal. I feel strongly that there is a connection between the two, but I have not found any science linking the 2. Of course it doesn't happen to everyone that has had their gallbladder removed but I do think we the gallbladder is more important then we give it credit for.

My husband is suffering with same problem and his surgery was in July 2017. We can’t work it out why it has effected him so much.

My husband had his operation on Wednesday 15/08/18 he's cry for two days now and I don't know why he had to have the op as severe pain but nothing I say makes him feel better he's on codine for pain post op but very sad