The gallbladder holds bile in a its pouch. Without a bile pouch there is just the small amount of bile leaking from your liver that happens all the time to digest and help absorb. ..espically fat. If you eat low fat you will use the loo less, or you could try digestive enzymes when you eat.

Try eating a max of 6-10 grams of fat per meal for a day. Keep a food and poop journal and see if it helps. Of not perhapse your not absorbing well and may want to discuss enzymes wirh your Dr or try taking natural ones like papaya to help digest. Oh...and dacan cause lots of poo...many are lactose intolerant. The food journal can hale you figure out how your system responds to different things. I don't do wheat, dairy (except yogurt) or celery, and less than 6-8 grams of fat and I poo 1 time a day usually. If I indulge in those foods I pay.

Is there anyway for you to contact me regarding your gall bladder surgery? I dont know how that works. I had mine removed and it ruined my life and i have finally hit rock bottom...........10 years after the surgery. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I had my gallbladder removed August of 2016, I am losing weight, I don't know why I keep having lose stools every other day. I am not comfortable going out in public because I don't know when the urge will hit me. I really need to know what I can do. Thanks.

my gall bladder was removed at 47. It seems like a first world problems as my enquiry revealed it happens very less among the young adults in other countries. Drinking more sodas and flavor drinks and less water combined witg high fat foods could be the issue

Do you use Tylenol or other OTC pain killers???...

IF so, DO NOT!!!!

Hi There! I've been reading all of these posts curious as to the information about gallbladders, or should I ay life without one. I had surgery November 2017 to remove a small pea sized tumor on my bile duct which they did remove 70%. 30% remains as there are veins surrounding the tumor and it was too difficult to remove anymore. I'm in an Alternative treatment for this medical situation. I recently went to have a CT Scan to determine the status of my tumor.
Well, HELL! My radiologist made a comment that my GALLBLADDER WAS REMOVED!!
Hours later, it was confirmed that the surgeons not only took the tumor, but my whole damn gallbladder and NEVER TOLD US. After 9 days in the hospital, I was sent home with a Drain sticking out my side and a 12 inch incision down my torso. No Physical therapy, nutrition info, how to heal this gastly incision, how to walk, move get up and down, NOTHING!! I was ready to change over to a more plant based diet and now I"m reading all of this about digestion of greens and raw veggies and fruits. I'm looking for a MalPractice Attorney. Really Pissed Off and DEVASTATED!

Do you use supplemental nutrition?
Get some high dose vitamin d, get things that cleanse your liver like milk thistle and drink lemon water everyday.....I'm living without a gallbladder.....I had mine removed last year because I had cancer and the tumor was laying on it....I also lost 70% of my stomach.....digestive enzymes and ox bile salts are helping me.... also the human body has to have fat to survive and live and thrive coconut oil does not ever make me have any problems is the best oil to use for those of us without a gallbladder. We have to have fat in your diet I don't care what anybody tells you! Without fat in our diet are hormones suffer, our brain function suffers, skin dries out vitamin absorption slows down a lot of vitamins are fat soluble and cannot be absorbed through the human body without fat.