I just had mine removed on April 12th, 2018. I’m 19 years old and The youngest in my family to have this done. I went to the hospital as a nervous wreck because I haven’t had anything like it. No broken bones, no other surgeries so I was scared of being put to sleep. They put me on some Valium (I think that was the name) and I became mellow. They wheeled me into the surgery room and knocked me out with an oxegan mask. They performed on me laparoscopically. When I woke up the pain was terrible and I couldn’t move without tears (but it was nothing compared to the attacks I had). I am now a week after having the surgery and all I can say is this: eat very basic and eat food for the first week. No bread, seafood, dairy, high salt and oil. This makes you constipated and you can receive phantom attacks from eating this food. Today I thought I would have a handful of fries with a friend. I ended up curled in a ball biting my cheek to stop from screaming.

this doesn’t mean you will be like me. I just know how I reacted today was brutal and I hate it. Now I have cramps on my right side kinda below or behind the ribs. I also recommend that you really go easy for the first week. Like lay down and do nothing. It’s better for healing but if you need to move, go slow. This first three days are the worst.

Well said. I had mine taken yesterday morning . It is not fun. 24 hours later, even with pain killers, it hurts. My chest and my upper back feels heavy. It also hurts to breathe out. I will also be light on my meals, eat often but light. I’m staying away from fatty foods, eating soups (no creamy soups). Good luck all, thanks for the info.

i had my gallbladder removed over 6 months ago and i still get the really baad pain right by my upper right rid age nd then i cant breath correcly becasue it hurts to bad, i wish you guys luck

Just had my gallbladder removed the 10th and now on the 18th I am having the same pain as described (stabbing pain when I yawn or try to take a deep breath) I am so glad this is normal. I know my husband keeps saying to give it time. But it does get scary when it just doesn't seem to get any better. Your post made me relax a bit - thanks.