I have had this problem for years. I get flare ups that can last a few days or a month. It's amazing how once i go to bed it goes away during the night and then returns late morning the next day. I cannot relate it to any food, stress etc... I have seen multiple doctors and have had every test imaginable. My Omeprazol was increased from 20 mg to 40 mg and I have been symptom free for several months after a chronic flare up. They are trying to wean me back to the 20 mg. It definitely is frustrating and really ruins your day.

Hi there, I am up right now for the exact same reason! However, I am much older than you and do in fact have GERD (Acid Reflux Disease). GERD and indigestion can cause many symptoms some which do cause pain and others that don't. I would not rule out that you do not have Acid Reflux Disease or at the very least the beginning of what could actually become GERD. I am overweight and was told to never eat 4 hours before bed..sometimes I listen to this advise and at others times not so much. I usually will have trigger foods when combined that will set off a series of events that will eventually lead to a very uncomfortable nights sleep or trying to fall asleep that is! I have my head of my bed raised in order to hopefully prevent what some doctors like to call "the acid backwash" which is horrible. I am also taking Nexium twice a day to keep my GERD in check. For the most part Nexiums works but then I will have nights just like tonight that I chose to eat something that was a trigger food and ate it too late before going to bed..My trigger foods are, red wine, chocolate, coffee, and any heavy desserts which have cream in it..I will usually suffer with pain and acid for about 3 hours before eveything seems to start calming down enough for me to be able to actually lie down without feeling like I have a huge balloon in my throat. I also have a hiatal hernia which does cause some discomfort as well. Being overweight like I am does not help at all! Good luck and hope you feel better soon.
Dee

I am 23 and have had the same problem for the past few years! Sometimes it comes and goes, then I can go for a couple of weeks without a bad episode. Recently, even if the pressure doesn't get to the 'unbearable' stage, I still have the weird throat noises and air bubbles most days. I always tend to find that drinking a lot of alcohol with a big meal is a big trigger (I don't drink in large quantities very often, but if I do, I expect it to get badly). I take Omeprozole, but probably not as regularly as I should, as it doesn't really seem to do anything for me!

I try not to let it get me down, as it isn't life threatening, and there's way worse things to have! I just try to manage it the best I can, and if I have a bad episode, I put my fingers down my throat in order to relieve it. No food comes up, but I wretch, and this gets rid of the air and pressure. It isn't pleasant at all, but does the job!

I'm in the process of getting a lot of tests done, so will be very interested to see what they say - I'm sure that we all share the same physical issue, so hopefully if I get an answer from these tests, it might help you too! My tests included: a Barium Swallow, a Manometry & Ph study and an Endoscopy (in which biopsies were taken).

Will write again in a couple of weeks once I've had my follow up appointment with the specialist - please don't let it get you down everyone, just manage it as best you can and get on with your life :-)

Hi Katie,

Please post your results when you get them. Best of luck and always best of health to you.

I can't believe there are so many other people that have this! I'm 24 and have experienced this on and off for several years but never really looked into it. Today I took a day long class and of course this afternoon I had an episode. In a room full of people taking a 2 hour quiet exam. It happens to me a lot, and almost always while in a quiet room! I would love to hear if anyone has any answers.

May b "hysteria " name of this problem

I've had the same problem for a very long time and it turns out it is yeast overgrowth. At least for me. I'm not sure about everybody else but I also had the bubbles or the pressure in my ears and when I would spit it would be tiny little bubbles

I have to problem also I have to stick my finger in my throat like throwing up to get the air out of my stomach and then I feel betterg

Hi.. Me 2 having the same problem bocz of I started singing.. Bubble like thing forming in throat and not curing automatically.. Its often comes after eating and drinking... Don't knw, how to get rid of it.. Kindly help someone..

I had same problem .irretion inThe throat Many years but now it's fine Because Ayurveda medicine. Soi advice to all of you.. Try it

Wow! I have the same thing happen.. Almost sounds like a frog and it comes up real slow and gets loud.. I hate it it's embarrassing!! So I know how you feel

I've been feeling like that the whole day today and I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I chanced upon this post just now and I read about someone who ate a garlic clove. I just tried it and voila! Problem solved. Chewing a garlic clove is so hard but the results were great for me. Thank you you who suggested that.

Did you ever get tested for Helicobacyer Pylori?

I have been getting this exact same sx over about the last month, always after meals. I was recently diagnosed with eosinophilic esophagitis and I'm not really 100% sure what that even is but I wonder if that has anything to do with it. From what I understand, it is essentially an inflammation of the esophagus from "food allergy" they believe. Maybe try elimination diet.

I am also a 20 yr old fem, and this happens to me, but drinks don't make it worse. Its just this weird air pressure