Hi folks, new here. Glad to see i'm not alone in this.
I've read through all 4 pages and have so many symptoms that are mentioned here.
I've tried a few things that seem to help.
1) I eat oats/oatmeal in the morning. Before eating, i drink 2 glasses of room temperature to warm water 30 mins before eating. To get the metabolism going.
2) Exercise before eating. To get you the blood flowing in the morning.
3) Of course eat your cereal warm, and if you feel the need to drink (oats can get quite dry) then drink warm water. Warm water seems to relax the digestive system. Stress levels need to be contained as well, of course not easy.
4) Do exercise everytime before you eat. If you don't like exercise, then go for a walk. That really helps.
5) Cut out dairy, nuts and fruit. Go with veggies.
I'm still trying to figure the rest out, but hopefully this helps people. I will keep updating my progress, but it would be good if others also post their progress on here with other things they have tried.
A few other things i try
1) Concentrate on something else while eating, very important. If the focus is on your eating then it puts more pressure on yourself.
2) Stand up while eating. As an option, it won't work for everybody.
3) Try and eat little bits throughout the day. Eat full bowl of cereal, but then eat little bits of what you can eat throughout the day until the evening you feel you've had enough to eat.
4) Only eat when you are hungry. Putting unnecessary foods in your stomach doesn't help relax your digestive system. You might be hungry once a day or two, three times a day. But eat healthy. We need to listen to our bodies, and when it's hungry then it needs foods. Now, this might seem contradictory to point 3, but we are here to try everything right ?
These are all alternative methods that anyone can try, but don't hold me to it.
Something i just tried. Do a physical activity while you are eating. A huge problem with eating is anxiety, and doing a physical activity takes your mind of your digestive system/stomach.
For instance, i sorted out loads of washing and i'm eating through it.
Works great !!
I added a bit of lemon juice to my oats and it tasted great.
The juice definitely helps for bloating and additional gas.
Also, canola oil is fantastic is you feel stressed. And it reduces cholesterol.
I've had cricopharyngeal spasms (throat tightness/feeling of a lump in my throat) in conjunction with chest pain and hoarseness.
I wound up in the ER several times because it seemed like I was having a heart attack.
After lots of research I found what called, "Variant Angina" and thought ot might be that, so I went to a cardiologist. He didn't readily agree because it's rare.
I found out that my arteries are totally clean, so my issue wasn't regular angina. During my last ER trip, I saw my cardiologist's partner, and he said he'd seen similar things several times. Treatment - nitro under the tongue. Works fabulously!
On the flip side, the only similarity found during each ER trip (if they looked) was that I was constipated. I have IBS-C so I pretty much live that way.
It took a few more episodes for me to realize that constipation was actually relevant!
Apparently, being full of c**p can also trigger this!
The last thing, I read that nitroglycerin is also one of the treatments for Cricopharyngeal Spasms. It really does work wonders!