Hello, I had one removed 8 years ago from the top of my head, injections did hurt a little to freeze the area and I had stitches in for two weeks, the hair grew back around the area quickly! I’m having another removed this week but privately this time, stitches in for a week but I’ve done it once, I won’t be able to wash my hair but am working from home thankfully and plan to get a couple of pretty head wraps to put on!

So I had a cyst removed yesterday right in the middle of my scalp. After reading every response on here I was a little concerned but knew it had to be done. It was likely less than 2cm in size. I have many more on my scalp but all are small and don't bug me.

The procedure was incredibly easy and relatively painless. Only thing that hurt was the small pinch of the shot. It was numb after a few minutes and he went to work. Felt a small amount of pressure but no pain. The entire process including cleaning and stitching only took about 10 minutes.

I took ibuprofen yesterday right after because it was a little sore. Today I haven't taken anything as it is still a bit sore, but manageable.

Good luck everyone!

I had cyst removed 5 days ago from back of scalp and have not really slept since them because of extreme tenderness in that area. Whichever way I turn I feel pain and tylenol is not helping.

I still have the soreness after a month and a half but no numbness. Is this normal.