I was the victium of GB at age 17 from Vaccines going into nursing school. It just about killed me. That was almost 30 years ago, and Thank God, I did get better from it, but I never fully recovered from it. I was able to complete nursing school, but as I get older I notice the weakeness I still have is harder to hide. No more bed side nursing for me. I'll stick with the desk jobs. Hand in there everyone, It as tough and life changing event, but I have learned it can make you a much better person.

i has GBS when i was 11 and i was put in the hospital for over a month, with viral meningitis right after. ive only had it once and have been sure to not have flu shots for fear it would come back. i was paralyzed and couldnt use my legs. the tests and the pain in my legs was horrible. they tingles and my waist down was completely numb.

im 38yrs old,my 1st bout of this i had this 6 months ago and read all your posts and all is true with the after effect as well what has happened prior,think im lucky as i was able to walk without crutch's 6 weeks after getting guillian barre,in april 2010 i had all the symptoms,was i hospital for a month.... i had trouble walking really and knew something wasnt right so i went to bed and hoped all was well in the morning......and it wasnt, it was weired not able to use my senses when trying to stand as it was,i was i ibiza spain at the time and the spanish physio i had helped me alot, amazingly i was able to walk again on rails after 3 weeks.....,just about.now im home in the uk and struggling with the pains and muscle aches...and advice would be helpful,thanks.

Seeking any information from people who have had Gillian Barre as a young child and now adults.

I had it when I was 3 or four in 1957 lasted a couple of months from wasit down.

My whole life I have always felt weak and shaky after any strenous activity. Now at 57 I notice my legs tire very easily, I think since I grew up this way it was normal. I also have tremor in my hands that I came home from the hospital with.
My question did anyone get GBS at a very young age understand what I'm talking about or is it in my head, I don't think it is.

Thanks for listening.

i am recovering from gillian barre , it totally paralized me from the neck down after 18 months i an still suffering , i can walk now but breathing is still a problem at times