Hi my name carol am 10 months post op getting pain in my groin
When I sit or put my knees up Physio just give me exercise and walk more he said could it be tendinitis how are you ?

I had my THR 6 years ago. I had the same pain everyone describes before the surgery and afterwards. After seeing the hip and back MDs I'm at a pain management clinic. I tried an epidural without success, so now he just continues to fill my pain meds. I believe it's my iliopsoas tendon. The only MD who does releases is not in my network. The pain is unbelievable at night. Last night I laid at the side of the bed with my leg hanging off the side. The position and combo of meds made me able to finally fall asleep. I pray that someday we can all get relief.

I am 7 years out from TRR. Yes,7 years of the horrible groin pain and spasms. I had to diagnose this myself, but three days ago I just had illophasas tendon release surgery.
It much more common that they let on. Look into it.
I am so convinced that this is what I have. It feels better already.
Hope that helps you.

OMG! I’m having the same problem but with a cold, red foot. I have gone though same diagnostic testing there is, even testing my circulation. This has been an ongoing problem for two years since the tendon release. Please keep me informed as to what you might find a solution to your problem, thanks.

The same exact thing here. Post-op surgery 3 months still have the groin pain, hard to get upstairs, and in cars. My Dr. still saying soft tissue damage and I just need to keep strengthening it. He is rechecking me in 6 weeks and i guess if everything is the same he will do an MRI and bone scan. I am not giving it over 6 months after paying all that money something has to be done before the end of year because my deductible has already been met and I am not paying again for something that didn't fix my problem to begin with. I still have the exact pain after as I did before.

New Member
1 post
I am also considering release of iliopsoas tendon arthroscopic surgery. I had THR surgery four years ago and am tired of dealing with pain whenever I try to raise my leg. What was the recovery like? How long before you could resume sports like fitness class or pickle ball? How are you doing a year later? Hope to hear you're pain free and enjoying life!