I received cortisone injections in both knees yesterday around 12:00. It is 4 am. I slept from 11:30 to 1:30. I'm wide awake. I have a long day tomorrow. Thank you for all your input. I hope it doesnt last long!

Hi. This happened to me yesterday. I had a Corticosteroid shot in my knee. Got up around 1 am slight headache, weird feeling in my stomach. It's now 4:32 and just cannot fall asleep. I'm usually asleep 10-15 minutes but just cant. So I dont kniw but it would seem that it could possibly happen. Rae

Yep. Lol. Got my injection at 3pm yesterday and I’m wide awake at 3am...but my neck is feeling much better! It’s worth a night of insomnia

I had cortisone this afternoon injected in my knee. It is 2:29 am. Is anybody up for going out! Wait. The bars are closed!

Got a steroid injection at 1130am and had no idea about any SE's like insomnia. I was awake ALL night long! I didn't go to work the next day so I could catch some zzzz's.

I had a cortisone injection in my neck at 2p.m yesterday. It is now 03:20 the next day and I have been unable to sleep. Thank God for You tube!

That is not true

I had my L4/5 L5/S1 and SI joints bilaterally (Both sides) injected 2 days ago on Tuesday. I found it hard to sleep Tuesday night getting about 3 hours, and last night i only slept for about 3 hours. Its almost like im having to force my eyes shut. if i relax they want to open.. I also have very shallow yawns. not like the yawns where you inhale deeply and suck that yawn up and feel great afterwards but almost like my body is trying to yawn but cant quite get it. i also feel wired! After the few hours sleep i did have, when i woke up i was wired, wide awake instantly. I also for 24 hours after my injections had flushing and a feeling of getting hot on and off throughout the 24 hrs. So ive had these exact shots before and it messed my sleeping up for weeks. Even to the point i had to go to the doctor and aquire sedatives to help. They did for a short while but then i was back to very short sleep again. As time went on, my body calmed down and i got back to a normal sleep patern.. im hoping its not such a lengthy ordeal this time but due to the amount of injections i had but due to my past experience and the current, i can confirm that these injections most definitely do effect sleep patterns.

Lee

I had a steroid injection for acute bronchitis yesterday about 11am and was awake all night long as well. I am also one who drops off after 10 minutes and sleeps soundly as my norm! Yes these do affect some people
Jeff V

I dont sleep for about 3 days and experience hositialty and am emotional.