10 weeks out from rotator cuff surgery, and still having hand and finger swelling. Has anyone else had this? It is painless, but hand also changes color during the day. ? painless RSD.

Sounds like you may be experiencing lymphedema. Lymphedema is caused by a blockage in your lymphatic system, an important part of your immune and circulatory systems. The blockage prevents lymph fluid from draining well, and as the fluid builds up, the swelling continues. This blockage can result from surgery.

See your doctor. Your doctor may try to rule out other causes of swelling when diagnosing lymphedema. Swelling can have many causes, including a blood clot or an infection that doesn't involve your lymph nodes. 

If the cause of your lymphedema isn't as obvious, your doctor may order imaging tests to determine what's causing your signs and symptoms. To get a look at your lymphatic system, your doctor may use an imaging technique, such as MRI CT, Doppler ultrasound or Radionuclide imaging.

6 weeks ago I had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder and now I am also experiencing swollen fingers and muscle spasms in my right hand. Is this common or should I be concerned?

How long did the dwelling in your hand last after the shoulder surgery. I'm having the same problem.

My husband had rotator cuff surgery June 29. About two weeks after...his hand started swelling. His joint in fingers hurt and wrist. Tomorrow will be 6 weeks since surgery and the hand only seems to be getting worst. he can not make fist or grip anything. I have read lots of people saying the same thing, but no one post an answer as the problem or how long it last.

Hi
I had rotator cuff surgery just over 5 weeks ago. My hand was swollen and my fingers looked like sausages fit to burst. They are mow normal size but stiil really stiff as is my wrist. My fingers feel really odd but i can move them all and make a fist once the stiffness subsides. My wrist is not able to do the exercises given yet without pain.I am hoping the will both improve when the sling comes off next week as I'm hoping it is circulatory. It is interesting tha when the arm is hanging down in the shower and the hot water is running over the shoulder, my fingers and palm go a purplish colour which subsides. Blood flow being re established I assume. Bit worried. Got physio soon so will ask.