New Reply New Topic Followed by 16 people

i am having it now with a UTI

Brandy -- I experience similar sensations in my fingers quite frequently. I would describe mine as a very sharp, stinging ache in the joints of the fingers. My guess is that it results from uric acid build up, similar to gout.

I have been having the same symptoms as you. It only happens when I hold my urine for a long time and only feel it in my right hand. Nobody believes me and thinks I am making up stories. I have had this since 2007. Haven't seen a Doctor yet and don't really plan to expecting I won't be acknowledged.

I’ve been having the same exact pain in the palms of my hands when I try to urinate. For the last couple of weeks I’ve been having the urge to constantly go to the bathroom. Then, a couple of days ago, I started to have that weird, electric pain in the palms of my hands. I’d like to know the cause, but I’m glad to know I’m not alone. I think I may have a UTI, and I’m going to the doctor Monday.

Good luck! I know everyone experiencing this pain wants to know if there’s a cure for it.

I have had this as long as I can remember and honestly thought it was normal to everyone up until a couple of days ago. I'm 55 yrs old and I just happened to mention it to my daughter and she informed me it wasn't normal at all. I am also relieved to see I'm not the only one but would be interested to know why it happens. I dont get pain but I get a strong throbbing sensation in both palms when I've been holding on to it and really need to urinate . As soon as I start it stops. Nicola

I get the same thing, esp with UTIs. I think it’s Bc the nerve roots of both your hands/wrists and bladder outlet originate in the thoracic spine region (the latter partially, with other nerve roots lower, as well) - when your body sends pain signal chemicals to the thoracic spine, some of the hand nerves get the signal, as well, and so your hands hurt, as well as your bladder. Probably the only way to fix it is to treat the cause of the bladder pain- don’t hold your pee, take antibiotics for infection, antispasmodics for overactive bladder etc.

HTH,

Andrea

I have had no feelings of having a wee until recently as i have progressive MS but recently I've had a burning pain in my face arms hands had hit check negative i live in the UK Sylvia MASON FACE