I get the same thing. I'm 71, in good health for my age. Upon urination when suffering from a UTI, pain shoots through my hands to finger tips. Severe UTI pain can start in top of shoulders and shoot down arms to finger tips. This happens to many women but the doctors just think we're all crazy, except mine. She's a woman doctor.

I have almost identical symptoms! I have very bad pain that seems like it comes from my core, usually at end urination, and usually if i wait too long to go, that goes all the way to my fingers like severe nerve pain. It feels like my fingers are being shocked with electricity and it lasts from 10 seconds to a minute. It is very, very painful! I get the same response from my doctor. I feel like this could be some kind of pain syndrome because of the disassociation between the bladder and the hands. I have had it go all the way to my feet and toes as well! I have had a hysterectomy and a cystocele repair and I also have chronic low back pain. I wear a pain patch for the back pain but it does nothing for the nerve pain in my fingers. I feel like the doctors have labeled me as noncompliant because I wouldn't go to psych to talk about my pain soi get blown off.

What does your female doctor feel is wrong? Did she actually give it a diagnosis?

I get pain in the palms of my hand when urinating only when I have an UTI. It has become my first sign of an oncoming UTI.

I have had that happen every time I've had a Uti. But I don't know why. My sisterling has the same thing happen.

Misspell check above : sister not sisterling

Both of my thumbs ache when I've waited to long to urinate, been doing this for as long as I can remember. As soon as I release myself the pain instantly goes away. My doctor never heard of such a thing either. Sometimes I don't even know I have to pee, until my thumbs start paining. 57 year old female here. Nice to know there are others because I have been called crazy for years!

I have the same sensation in my hands and down my arms if I have held on too long. The gp where I work told me we have a median nerve which goes from your back to your arms / hands and it could be this.

New Member
1 post

I can't believe other people have experienced this! I am 46 and have just had this a few times (less than a dozen) in the last two days. It originally started on my collarbones (both at the same time)... like an electric shock... then this weird aching numbness down both arms, and into my hands. Then like another zap in this straight line between my wrist and my thumb... once again on both sides of my body at exactly the same time. It doesn't seem to last longer than 30 seconds and it isn't really painful as much as it is uncomfortable. When I first got it, I did think that I was getting a UTI, so I went to the store and got some pain relief for that. I would not have related the two at all if I hadn't found out some stuff about it online. Now the UTI is gone but the mystery shocks are still happening now and then, minus the collarbone zapping. It is just plain WEIRD!