I have the same problem as you. I have had a ct scan, and now i am having an MRI. The think it might be a Thornwald cyste. Are you still having problems?

but i got my tonsils taken out and it is still happening?

I have been having these coughing fits. Only because it feels like I have a piece of food stuck in the back of my throat. End up coughing it up eventually... Takes forever but it's mucus from my sinuses draining (totally normal for me) but has some hard as heck mucus in with it. Not much at all. But enough to realize that was causing me to be uncomfortable and feel like I have to cough something up. It's been happening for a couple weeks now. I chopped it up to sinuses draining and a tiny bit getting stuck and drying up. Because that's what it feels like. Especially in the mornings. It's a brown shade.

It's just dried up mucus. It looks the same as if you would cough up soft mucus from sinuses, spit it in a cup and let it dry up (totally making an educated guess on that).

I don't eat the foods y'all are talking about.
I'm 5'4 140lbs. Recently lost 15 lbs. I'm on new medication the last couple of months that actually dries my mouth out a bit so with this cold weather and the typical sinuses draining I have no doubt I'm wrong. I also had my tonsils removed 11 years ago. I do have asthma but the mucus isn't in my chest it's draining from my nose to the back of my throat. And I do not like to sniff to make it go in my chest... That leads to bigger issues.

When I wake up to it... It's clear as day what the cause is. If I'm at work focusing and breathing through my nose... Sinuses are draining and I'm not trying to hack it up and disturb the office.... It's clear as day what causes me to hack up hard mucus on the way home... It's old hardened dried up mucus that's been stuck in the back of my throat all day haha

Or maybe it's cancer and we are all dying!?

It's not tonsil stones

I have disc shaped brown mucus also from time to time and it happens often after drinking or eating foods from Starbucks. I know it sounds weird, but I’m thinking it’s dairy related.

I have no tonsils

Tonsil stones are completely different.

I am having the same issue. I don't smoke but i started working in a bar last month, which caused me to be a second hand smoker. And that's when the problem started

I think I may be that same thing. Because I have this same problem and I’ve been drinking a c**p ton of milk lately and eating a lot of wheat bread. I’ve had this chunky mucus about twice in the past couple of weeks. I think I’m gonna cut back a lot and see if it helps. It’s gonna be hard milk is very good.

Same for me

Hey Greg I can’t imagine it’s weight related bc I’m a 120lb female 20yo and I have the issue whenever I take a Zyrtec. The medicine always dries it while it’s in my throat instead of just my sinuses. Just a thought !

No it's not the same as tonsil stones. The scab is a moist/dry booger looking thing with hints/spots of blood.

Ah, stop smoking DUH.

I just had the same thing happen to me. I felt like I had strep throat. For days I felt like I wished I could vomit. I coughed up a fleshy pink inch long thing that looked like part of my throat and my throat immediately felt a little better. I have had my tonsils out I don’t smoke and I just got over bronchitis so I’m sure it’s in part probably related. I want to know what it is so bad!!

I have had this problem for about 3 years now. A year ago I had tonsil stones and had my tonsils removed. The brown solid mucus seems to be getting worse and have a constant feeling that my throat is clogged. Mouth becomes extremely dry and throat is irritated when I eat or drink anything too sweet like hard candy or fruit juices.