New Reply New Topic Followed by 14 people

This is exactly what happens to me after waking up from a night with dry air. I cough up a chunk of weird stuff like flesh! Did you ever get a result from your tests?

I have the same problem as you. I have had a ct scan, and now i am having an MRI. The think it might be a Thornwald cyste. Are you still having problems?

but i got my tonsils taken out and it is still happening?

I have been having these coughing fits. Only because it feels like I have a piece of food stuck in the back of my throat. End up coughing it up eventually... Takes forever but it's mucus from my sinuses draining (totally normal for me) but has some hard as heck mucus in with it. Not much at all. But enough to realize that was causing me to be uncomfortable and feel like I have to cough something up. It's been happening for a couple weeks now. I chopped it up to sinuses draining and a tiny bit getting stuck and drying up. Because that's what it feels like. Especially in the mornings. It's a brown shade.

It's just dried up mucus. It looks the same as if you would cough up soft mucus from sinuses, spit it in a cup and let it dry up (totally making an educated guess on that).

I don't eat the foods y'all are talking about.
I'm 5'4 140lbs. Recently lost 15 lbs. I'm on new medication the last couple of months that actually dries my mouth out a bit so with this cold weather and the typical sinuses draining I have no doubt I'm wrong. I also had my tonsils removed 11 years ago. I do have asthma but the mucus isn't in my chest it's draining from my nose to the back of my throat. And I do not like to sniff to make it go in my chest... That leads to bigger issues.

When I wake up to it... It's clear as day what the cause is. If I'm at work focusing and breathing through my nose... Sinuses are draining and I'm not trying to hack it up and disturb the office.... It's clear as day what causes me to hack up hard mucus on the way home... It's old hardened dried up mucus that's been stuck in the back of my throat all day haha

Or maybe it's cancer and we are all dying!?

It's not tonsil stones

I have disc shaped brown mucus also from time to time and it happens often after drinking or eating foods from Starbucks. I know it sounds weird, but I’m thinking it’s dairy related.

I have no tonsils