I have this too -- but mine, I think I have finally figured it out, is triggered by eating too much sugar AND lack of exercise/circulation. I think it is all a result of inflammation due to the aforementioned. When I stop eating refined sugar and exercise more my fingers heal up.

I have the same thing,I think but at the moment it is only on my left thumb. It is a weird oval patch of dry thickened skin that gets flakey and because it alters the sense of feeling in my thumb I scratch at it, but it is not itchy. If I peel any of the skin off it is like picking at a scab and it quite tender underneath.
I have just had half my thyroid removed so I'm not sure if it relates to that but it is quite odd. I live in Australia, so it certainly isn't related to cold weather. I don't have any answers, sorry.

what ratio of oil to lotion do you reccomend?

I am thinking it is fungal. I have fought this for 10 years and clortrimatol is the only thing that has helped. Only happens in cooler weather for me.

Yep, I've just developed this on one little finger, and now the index finger of the other hand. Have had it diagnosed as first, a fungal infection (I had also picked up tinea in the toes at the same time the finger thingo happened); and then as contact dermatitis. Nothing works so far, except temporarily -- when I apply any kind of lotion or creme, the peeling eases off, looks normal, but when it dries again, back to the same thing. I also had a strange event on the top of one foot, which seemed to start as a pressure point, and spread as if it were ringworm. I finally just kept it covered 24/7 with bandaids, and after a few weeks that disappeared. OK, will try frankensense; will use patience and hope for the best. My thyroid tests as OK. Maybe autoimmune? I do get a strange rash with an energy collapse whenever I get a viral infection (cold or flu type). This note is March 2018.

Hi, im 17 years old and ive been getting this sort of thing since ive been about 12. I have had it every year since then. It always starts in the summer months in the UK (end of may, june, july, august). This phase im currently going through has only just started but in previous years it has started as early as May. By the ends of august they are starting to heal. The skin starts by drying and small white dry circles appear. Then it seems to progressively get faster. They spread from finger to finger and eventally the whole of my palm and fingers are peeled. The outside face of my hand doesnt get ruined. The peeling gets so bad, after the top layer of skin is gone, the next layer starts getting attacked and eventually it becomes so weak you can see pretty much the inner flesh of my fingers covered by a final layer. At this point it becomes extremely painful and even putting any lotion on is painful and stings. It's an ordeal i have to put up with every summer and i am fed up of it. I once went to a dermatologist when i was in spain and was told i was lacking in vitamin A i think it was so they gave me vitamin A pills but i'm pretty sure they didnt do anything. Its been 5 years and its so embarassing every time it happens. But im not sure if it helps but it is always in those months i said that it happens. Never happens to me outside them months.

Your reference to the "hot wax" is exactly what is happening to me on my index and ring fingertips. Suffering this for three years, no successful cure thus far. I do have eczema as well. What did help was seeing a derm who specialized in patch testing. I found out that over time I had developed allergic contact dermatitis to many things: Fragrance/perfume in products, rubber accelerators, a plethora of flowers and plants, adhesives like super glue... So weird. The fingertips are still cycling through peeling flares despite reducing exposure to the allergens. It's like the cuts were so deep and the inflammation still lingers that the healing refuses to happen to these skin layers. I keep my entire hand covered with a lotion and jojoba oil and wear a nitrite glove daily. Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Good luck to you.