Hello, I really have a problem with Victoza. Since I had such a problem with taking metformin (diarrhea and tummy pains), my doctor put me on Victoza. Things were fine for a while and I had lower sugars and some weight loss. However slowly I developed terrible belching and bad smelling gas. Has anyone else experienced foul smelling wind on Victoza? My goodness it smells like feces and I'm really concerned there is something really wrong. Now my victoza dosage has increased and now I not only have foul smelling wind but diarrhea as well. Can anyone help me with this problem. Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, Oh my goodness, I not only had bad smelling farts I had a problem with foul smelling belching as well. It seemed like after a while it eased up a bit but I still had the problem. Honestly, I'd have to excuse myself and go to another part of the house and sometimes I'd have to go outside. This has been going on for about three years now and I simply didn't know what to do about it. Some forum posts indicated that it was a carb problem and I was taking in too many carbs. If I cut back on some of my carbs much of it would go away. Well I tried that and that didn't work for me. It hadn't occurred to me to take some OTC for gas problems. Some forum posts suggested to take Beano or flatulex and others are taking Zantac. Well, I tried Beano and I finally got relieve. I don't know about flatulex or Zantac, you'll have to experiment a bit and find out. After having 3 years of being terribly uncomfortable and smelling badly, I finally got things under control. You think the doctors would tell you about these things. Talk with your pharmacist about the situation and see what he/she suggests. There may be other anit-gas meds OTC that might be cheaper and work as well. Good luck to you.

I have the same complains you mention,mainly when carbohydrates are ingested in large doses.I use pills against gas and it works.But worse than that is diarrhea which often appears unpredictably.It is an effective drug but side effects are difficult to handle.I think I shall abandon the therapy soon.

Guest 6 months ago asked about foul smelling wind with Victoza. I have this plus severe diarrhea with mucus. My stomach pain has gotten so bad that I am afraid to eat. See my endo doctor on the 18th of July. Hope he can do something about this. Victoza helps me keep my bs levels good. Hate to have to get off it.

Susan Ardizzoni
I have used Victoza for nearly a year, but recently my daughter tells me I have a strong body odor. Thank God I don't have farts, belching or diarrhea, but my scalp and body gives off a smell that I have never had before. I bathe every day and even change my nightly, but I am told there is still an offense smell even on my blankets and bedsheets.
Has anyone else has a similar problem?

OMG. I thought I was going crazy! YES. My body smells very different! Not to be gross but my sweat smells like onions. And my poop smells very chemical. How weird is that???

I take victoza, merformin and Glipizide. I have a sweating body odor and a terrible smell coming from my nose sometimes which can be from sinus.

Well just started on victoza and I find it much better than what I was on previously and I do have Wind as you call it and I burt a lot more but I was on INNVOCANNA it was a pill and gave me yeast in fections... so I will take a little air and burping over that ... I do get indigestion if I eat carbs with it.

I started Victoria over a year now about every 3months belching and wind both stink and uncontrollably ..

Me too here - I smell like an adolescent