It's not for filling out the lips like Angelina Jolie!!! It deminishes the lines above your lips / like smokers lines - I had lines from age and being a previous smoker- when I tanned the lines would show - after using the angel lift it plumped up the upper part of my mouth so I didn't get those tan lines anymore - my friends noticed the difference and so did I!

I have been using the strips for 1 wk and not only have I noticed a difference but my husband and family have. I am 62 yrs old, wrinkles above my upper lip. They have completely softened and are hardly noticable. You have to start off with just a few mins per day making sure you dont irritate your gums. I am doing 30 mins upper and 30 lower.

They work great for me! I'm 59 and was seeing a lot of smokers lines (even though I quit years ago!) and laugh lines and after a couple of months of daily use I am thrilled with how much smoother and firmer the entire area around my mouth looks!
I also purchased the Vermilion strips and LOVE how plump my lips are now!
I took my own before and after photos to track my progress. People seldom notice slow steady progress! Take pictures people!
I'm not about to promote any product unless it truly works and these do work!

Would the Vermilion do both give the appearance of fuller lips as well as soften lines?

Probably an allergy. They work great for me. Sorry about ur experience

The reason these were invented is because when patients were wearing a similar device for nerve damage, the "side effect" was plumper lips and diminished wrinkles.